In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de acceso telefónicoconmutado Latin Americadial up Latin America
- Blogging isn't great fun if you're using a dial-up system where it takes longer to load a page than read it.
- Check it on a slow dial-up connection using a laptop, then turn the images off and see if you can still use the site.
- Their fate is to now wrestle with dial-up services while they wait for their ISPs to switch them to other DSL carriers.
- Rogue diallers change the number used in dial-up connections to an expensive international number.
- Increased dissatisfaction with sluggish dial-up Net access is likely to increase demand for broadband services.
- The aim is to make WiFi access as simple to use as Internet dial-up connections.
- The dial-up service and line quality of Mobisurf and Orbitel got the highest praise.
- The usual way to get a mobile device onto the Internet is to install a modem driver and then configure dial-up networking.
- His claim that BT will ‘slash the cost of dial-up Internet access’ turns out to be rubbish.
- We haven't been able to listen to it properly on our unreliable dial-up lines - very frustrating!
- Later this week I'll be comparing two dial-up modems designed for use on noisy lines.
- Telewest is flogging its cable broadband service for less than the price of unmetered dial-up access in a bid to attract new punters.
- The company currently provides phone and dial-up Internet services to customers in such areas.
- Now I no longer have to wait through that special dial-up fanfare as my computer attempts to connect to the internet every ten minutes.
- A local ISP is claiming that their new service will triple the speed of your dial-up connection.
- Signing up more flat-rate dial-up users is more likely to push the ISP towards the black.
- If you use a dial-up Internet service, check the settings on your PC regularly.
- The desk gave me the dial-up telephone number for the local service provider.
- That said, voice quality is very good and it even works over a standard dial-up modem.
- Within the dial-up market, revenue from Internet access is starting to disappear.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.