In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de acceso telefónicoconmutado Latin Americadial up Latin America
- Their fate is to now wrestle with dial-up services while they wait for their ISPs to switch them to other DSL carriers.
- The usual way to get a mobile device onto the Internet is to install a modem driver and then configure dial-up networking.
- The desk gave me the dial-up telephone number for the local service provider.
- Within the dial-up market, revenue from Internet access is starting to disappear.
- The aim is to make WiFi access as simple to use as Internet dial-up connections.
- Now I no longer have to wait through that special dial-up fanfare as my computer attempts to connect to the internet every ten minutes.
- The dial-up service and line quality of Mobisurf and Orbitel got the highest praise.
- That said, voice quality is very good and it even works over a standard dial-up modem.
- Increased dissatisfaction with sluggish dial-up Net access is likely to increase demand for broadband services.
- Signing up more flat-rate dial-up users is more likely to push the ISP towards the black.
- A local ISP is claiming that their new service will triple the speed of your dial-up connection.
- We haven't been able to listen to it properly on our unreliable dial-up lines - very frustrating!
- His claim that BT will ‘slash the cost of dial-up Internet access’ turns out to be rubbish.
- Later this week I'll be comparing two dial-up modems designed for use on noisy lines.
- If you use a dial-up Internet service, check the settings on your PC regularly.
- Rogue diallers change the number used in dial-up connections to an expensive international number.
- Blogging isn't great fun if you're using a dial-up system where it takes longer to load a page than read it.
- Telewest is flogging its cable broadband service for less than the price of unmetered dial-up access in a bid to attract new punters.
- Check it on a slow dial-up connection using a laptop, then turn the images off and see if you can still use the site.
- The company currently provides phone and dial-up Internet services to customers in such areas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.