In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Kidney transplants are an alternative to dialysis when both kidneys have ceased to function.
- The man had to visit his doctor three times a week for renal dialysis.
- And the numbers of people starting dialysis for kidney failure fell by two thirds and there were huge cost savings.
- Mr Gilpin needed renal dialysis to stay alive.
- Occasionally, hypercalcemia can develop in patients with advanced renal failure and who have been receiving long-term dialysis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.