In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The sine wave through the diameter of the circle is the ideal and basic pulse wave.
- And this he proved by first showing that the squares on the diameters have the same ratio as the circles.
- Can we draw a line thinner than the diameter of a hydrogen atom?
- The diameter of a sphere is 6.25 nm, and panicles cannot be closer than that.
- Therefore, all diameters of a centrally symmetric shape of constant width pass through the center of symmetry.
- He was the first to resolve Kepler's Problem on cutting a semicircle in a given ratio by a line through a given point on its diameter.
- The dimensions also suggest that the intact liposome as a sphere should have a diameter of several hundred nanometers.
- We owe to him a note on the curvature of elastic rods, several works on the flow of air, and finally, in 1848, an important posthumous note on the rectilinear diameters of curves.
- He wrote further articles on cubic curves and in this area he wrote the memoir On the diameters of cubic curves which was published in the Transactions of the Royal Society in 1889.
- In order to accomplish this end, the diestro must move off the diameter of the circle and place himself at an angle to his adversary.
- The circle with diameter BC intersects the sides AB and AC at M and N respectively.
- They were represented by red circles having a diameter of 5 mm presented on a black screen.
- In book one the relations satisfied by the diameters and tangents of conics are studied while in book two Apollonius investigates how hyperbolas are related to their asymptotes, and he also studies how to draw tangents to given conics.
- One day at school we were told that if AB is a diameter of a circle, and C is any point on the circumference, then the angle ACB is a right angle.
- Also, the ortholine serves as the common radical axis of the three circles constructed on the diagonals as diameters, such that whenever the circles intersect, all three of them intersect in two points on the ortholine.
- Given a circle, find a point outside the circle where the tangent to the circle and diameter produced, have a given ratio.
- Users can measure the distance of vertices/edges/faces, the angle of edges/faces, and the radii and diameters of circles.
- In 30 feet of water the circle has a diameter of 3 feet.
- The distance from the ground to the tip of his extended index finger is the diameter of the circle.
- The rule is to cut 1/9 off the circle's diameter and to construct a square on the remainder.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.