In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1diametralmentediametrically opposed views — opiniones diametralmente opuestas feminine
- This is a key point, since there is the potential for diametrically opposed viewpoints on park usage between these two groups.
- But they draw diametrically opposed conclusions as to the meaning of this link.
- Sometimes we are diametrically opposed to each other.
- The agendas of science and the animal rights lobby are diametrically opposed.
- So people who were completely diametrically opposed in their views and their perceptions about a situation were brought together.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.