In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sextuagésimo aniversario masculinesesenta aniversario masculine
- Teresa and Denis Dillane, Chapel Street, Tarbert celebrated the diamond jubilee of their wedding on St Patrick's Day.
- The former President and long time staff member of St. Colman's College, Fr. Michael Lyons, will celebrate the diamond jubilee of his ordination to the priesthood on Friday 6th June.
- The live scenes at a battle front were enacted before an invited audience at the Pangode Military Centre the other day, by the 2 MAHAR Battalion, in connection with its diamond jubilee.
- The group wants to hear from anyone who used to be a member or remembers any of the circle's many events as it prepares to celebrate its diamond jubilee.
- The group is now thriving again, planning to open a new cub pack and is already thinking about its diamond jubilee in 2008.
- Harry and Bess Truman did not reach their diamond jubilee.
- City were scheduled to play against Joseph Rowntree School this afternoon to mark the school's diamond jubilee.
- A very private person, but with a huge capacity for pastoral concern and fair play, he celebrated the diamond jubilee of his priesthood on April 16 this year in a celebration surrounded by family and friends.
- A great great grandmother who was born one year after Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee is celebrating her 104th birthday.
- The silver racehorse pepper pots, ridden by jockeys in the royal colours, are believed to have been commissioned to mark the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria.
- The book grew out of Riverside's desire to have a history on the anniversary of its diamond jubilee.
- The Trefoil Guild, which celebrates its diamond jubilee this year, has 25,000 members nationwide, more than 60 of whom meet in York every month.
- Within two years the band was back in the public eye as members played a fanfare from the top of Bretforton Church tower to mark the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria.
- The first edition, published in 1987 to commemorate the school's diamond jubilee, was a humble, homemade type of book.
- Sister Monica Sloan, formerly of Glenloughan celebrated her diamond jubilee in Loughborough, England last week.
- The town hall clock was first rung on June 22, 1897 to mark the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria.
- To mark the completion of Kalki's diamond jubilee a day-long function has been planned by the Kalki group of magazines.
- St Marys College Ballisodare are producing a book commemorating their diamond jubilee and would like past pupils or anyone with old photos or articles to send them to the school office this December.
- It is about eight-foot high, topped by a lump of quartzite, and bears a plaque commemorating the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1897.
- We wish them health and happiness for the future and look forward to their diamond jubilee.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.