In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bodas de diamante feminine
- Joe and Eva Cummings, of Edgware Road, York, marked their diamond wedding yesterday, more than 60 years after they first met at church in Carlisle, where Joe lived and Eva was working as a domestic servant.
- Now the Coopers are just two years short of their diamond wedding anniversary and the spectacle of the old building's destruction has upset them both.
- She celebrated her diamond wedding anniversary last August.
- A couple who met as teenagers celebrate their diamond wedding this week.
- She died two days before her diamond wedding anniversary.
- They had a son and a daughter and enjoyed over sixty years of marriage, celebrating their diamond wedding in June 1950.
- The Queen has sent more than 280,000 telegrams to couples celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary.
- She raised for £1,100 for Coronary Care as part of her celebrations for her diamond wedding anniversary.
- For when the pensioner discovered lots of cake was left over from his diamond wedding anniversary, he decided to take it to the Royal Bolton Hospital.
- Bouquets were presented to Joan Houghton for her 80th birthday and to Peggy Smith for her diamond wedding.
- Predeceased by Muriel a year after their diamond wedding anniversary, he leaves six children and 12 grandchildren.
- Next month the couple, who celebrate their diamond wedding on Thursday, will return to the resort as VIP guests.
- And it was clearly the perfect match because the couple from Upper Stratton have just celebrated their diamond wedding.
- Roy and his wife are looking forward to celebrating their diamond wedding later this year.
- Asa and Marion McIntyre will toast their diamond wedding anniversary next Thursday.
- A former headteacher of Austwick Primary School and his wife celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary next week.
- A couple who spent almost 30 years working together are celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary.
- The oldest couple there were Ron and Joan Audritt who will celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary later this month.
- Barbara and Stan Dyer who could not be present were sent a bouquet for their diamond wedding anniversary.
- He continued to lead a full and active life and he and his wife celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary in August 1999.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.