In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(meeting/service/appointment) anotar en una agenda
- He diarised them as recurring ‘team update’ meetings for 10: 30 a.m. daily.
- Mr Williams said he had diarised the invite and hoped to attend.
- McAfee Clinic will update daily but if your software doesn't automatically update then I recommend you diarize to manually update weekly.
- I seek leave to table a letter to Katherine Rich from the Minister detailing any diarised meetings, formal or informal conversations, since January 2002.
- The reality though is that many women diarise ‘settling down’ for their early 30s; devoting their 20s to getting a career, travelling, socialising and having fun.
- It is planned that the advisory council will meet twice a year and, according to Thwala, the first week of July is diarised as the implementation date of the fast-track investment programme.
- Also diarise December 23 for the Kei Mouth music festival which is going to be better than last year's fabulous event.
- A unique feature of this site is the ability it gives customers to ‘diarise’ bill payments for up to 90 days in the future.
- Yes, the Amahlathi Festival is well worth a visit - I suggest you diarise next year's festival now.
- Please diarise the Border Masters annual general meeting which will be held next Tuesday at 7.30 pm, at the Oxford Striders clubhouse in Beach Road.
- Details of all pre-entry visits should be diarised, retaining evidence of travel.
- I would like to think I am an impulsive and spontaneous, when in fact I like to have each day planned well in advance; diarised and crosschecked before embarking out the front door each morning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.