In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Modern scholarship has not yet established the game for which these dice were used.
- Cluedo is a game with simple rules, with luck limited to the minor role of the movement of pawns by dice.
- One Mozart manuscript actually includes what might be considered a musical game, though not played with dice.
- Gauss's guess was based on throwing a dice with one side marked ‘prime’ and the others all blank.
- A defender with two or more armies rolls two dice, and one with one army rolls one die.
- The upholstery is black, and she has red fuzzy dice hanging from her rearview mirror.
- You roll two dice to attack in the game and if you roll doubles, you have to stop!
- She threw the dice, and got two fives and one four.
- When was the last time you saw some fluffy dice, or any other strange car accessories?
- However dice are thrown, chance will pull the result in an unexpected way.
- How can you load the dice in your favor?
- And they're casting dice, for your future.
- You rolled the dice and gambled - what have you got to lose?
- I still have a huge collection of dice from my gaming days.
- If you throw a dice and guess any number between 1 and 6, the chances that your guess will be correct are 1 / 6.
- When you throw the dice, the odds of any given outcome can be calculated.
- He figured out that you didn't really need dice or mathematical models to make a workable baseball role-playing game.
- The children roll dice, and, depending on where they land, they have to act out or answer the questions.
- At the core of the game is throwing dice on the table for positioning.
- Hence, the three dice all have the same total face value.
1(meat/vegetables) cortar en dados(meat/vegetables) cortar en cubitos
- Knives are usually unnecessary at table as meat is diced or sliced in preparation.
- Remove shank meat from bone and dice; peel veal tongue and thinly slice; remove outer membrane from sweetbreads and dice.
- He makes us slice and dice these vegetables over and over.
- Fry over a moderate heat while you peel and finely dice the onions, carrots and celery.
- Remove saucepan and throw in chopped parsley & diced tomato, stirring through.
- Here, sweet red peppers are diced and sautéed with onions and garlic, combined with tomatoes and served as a soup with a raft of golden, fried feta cheese.
- Chopped / diced vegetables of your choosing (always depends what we have in the fridge).
- Dress the leaves, then add the drained, diced apples, walnuts and crumbled cheese, gently mixing so they are evenly distributed.
- While everything cooks, wash and chop the parsley, dice the ham, toast the hazelnuts in a dry skillet and chop them roughly.
- After dicing the carrots, onions, and celery and adding them to the broth of duck, Mr. Bishop set out a bowl and saucer and glass of water when suddenly he was interrupted by a knocking on the door.
- She went back into the kitchen and watched Skinny dice a potato into a dozen pieces.
- I don't want any Jell-O at my wedding, or diced carrots for that matter.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and peel and dice the carrots.
- Why did I have to dice tomatoes while she easily chopped away on lettuce?
- Blend a six-ounce can of tuna, one diced tomato, one tablespoon of fat-free Italian dressing and one tablespoon of minced green olives.
- Diced potatoes and onions were then added and cooked some more.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites, small diced carrots, onion, and celery.
- Now just use a spoon to scoop out your sliced or diced avocado.
- When I say to dice the tomato and onion, I mean they should be too small for stir fry, but still big enough to see what they are.
- Melt fat, dice vegetables and place all ingredients in a wide heavy based saucepan.
1BritishGamesjugar a los dados
- Six hands at an open door dicing for pieces of silver,
- Four years older than John Peter of Bowhay, and seven older than Will, he was a bon vivant fond of dining and dicing: a suitable escort for his country cousins in Europe's most populous city.
- He looked over at his fellow guards and saw them in the corner, dicing and conversing good-naturedly.
2(risk)to dice with death — jugar con la muerte
- After the accident last October concern was raised that children as young as nine were dicing with death on the Parkway by playing ‘chicken’ in the fast-moving traffic.
- Skateboarders grabbing on to the back of moving buses are dicing with death.
- Dozens of youngsters are dicing with death by leaping 80 ft from bridges into the waters of Salford Quays to cool down during the heatwave.
- Young people do not appreciate that taking Ecstasy is dicing with death.
- Pensioners who have to dodge dual-carriage way traffic to catch a bus are dicing with death, a county councillor has claimed.
- People who drink alcohol and swim in North Yorkshire's rivers and lakes are dicing with death, police divers have warned.
- Men buy Harley Davidson motorbikes and dice with death on the roads.
- We're usually taking calculated risks and even dicing with death at times!
- Speeding motorists on West Yorkshire roads are dicing with death by driving on the wrong side of the road in an attempt to dodge speed cameras instead of slowing down.
- Children are dicing with death hitching rides on the back of moving vehicles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.