In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dictador masculinedictadora feminine
- But golf is also such a threat to autocrats and dictators because it is a game that is built around the rule of law - namely the Rules of Golf.
- The ability of the surgeon to allow himself to become a partner, not a dictator, is critical.
- They are not representative of the public and are behaving like dictators.
- Saturday night the truth will be spoken and it will come from none other than boxing's dictator over the last decade, Roy Jones Jr.
- Lucky to still be up, I assume they're fishing around for rich dictators as we speak, plus a manager, plus a defence.
2(autocratic person)déspotadictador masculinedictadora feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.