In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1intransigente feminine(republican/conservative) intransigente(conservative/republican) acérrimo
- With the support from their diehard fans, Rangers are confident they are really set for something big this season.
- Many feel the capture of their leader will provoke diehard terrorists into wreaking ever more horrific reprisals.
- Even the most diehard sceptic might concede a pattern here.
- If implications of later violence are not enough to sway the diehard smackers, let's look at its effectiveness.
- This diehard adventure enthusiast carried out another jump - this time over the North Pole.
- So, whether you're a diehard activist or a political newbie, The Times has a lot in store.
- Yes, I know, I'm a diehard conservative and was part of the majority that greased his way into the White House.
- It became the home of the most diehard opposition to colonialism in the Arab world.
- They have no chairman, no money and only a few hundred diehard supporters who turn up more in hope than expectation.
- Twenty minutes of watching the diehard clubbers doing their frenzied thing on the floor and we're ready to leave.
- As any diehard salesman will tell you, overcoming people's objections for not wanting to buy is the biggest test you will face.
- Over at the unofficial Memories of Elvis store are two of his most diehard fans.
- Dorothy was a diehard lefty in life and I'm sure her estate will see to it that her wishes for the portrayal of her characters are observed.
- A diehard businesswoman, it took her two decades to embrace this lifestyle.
- He's a diehard loyalist and a campaigner known for his inimitable style.
- His Zapa isn't a pure young man who becomes corrupted, nor is he a diehard crook who adores the effrontery of becoming a policeman.
- The simple fact is that I'm a diehard romantic, and I dream in soft-focus just as much as the next person standing in the cold bus queue.
- But the key to winning the elections will be whether they can mobilize their diehard supporters.
- Most who weren't diehard Christians were dying to get out once they realized they were surrounded by Pentecostals.
- The video clip of his on-air collapse remains a cherished keepsake of diehard skeptics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.