In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(special food)régimen masculinedieta feminine(jam/bread) (before noun) de régimen(jam/bread) (before noun) dietético(mayonnaise/cola) (invariable adjective) lightto be/go on a diet — estar/ponerse a régimen / a dieta
- Overall, these drugs when combined with a diet produce a modest weight loss in 12 months.
- I tried countless fad diets to lose weight, but none worked.
- If you think about food and weight and diets and being thin almost all the time, you may have an eating disorder.
- Your doctor can help you get information about good diets and weight loss programs.
- It may be more important to stick to a diet and lose weight than to worry about the moral implications of the food you eat.
- I always say I want to lose weight but the diet only lasts a week and then its out of the window.
- It's far easier to take precautions before the damage is done, rather than embarking on fad diets to lose the weight that you gained over the festive season.
- If you're on a diet to lose weight, you'll stay away from places that serve fattening food.
- I tried fad diets to lose weight, but none worked, and I kept getting bigger.
- He also discourages people from attempting to follow fad diets in order to lose weight.
- Short-term diets may help you lose weight, but they are difficult to keep up and even may be unhealthy in the long run.
- How many times have you made a New Year's resolution to go on a diet and lose some weight?
- Overweight children should be put on Atkins-style diets to lose weight and prevent life-threatening diseases, a cancer specialist has claimed.
- Handouts are available in English and Spanish on topics such as weight control, diets to lose weight, and exercise programs.
- People tend to lose weight quickly on low-carb diets because they restrict their calories to about 1,200 a day.
- Children should never be put on a weight-loss diet without medical advice as this can affect their growth.
- With movie stars and models getting more gaunt each year, many people go on diets to lose weight to make themselves look and feel better.
- Some people do lose weight on low-carb diets, but the weight loss probably isn't related to blood sugar and insulin levels.
- I am twelve years old and I weigh 160 pounds and I have tried a lot of diets to lose weight but I have never been able to stick to one.
- At no time during the study did the participants complain of being hungry, which is an important consideration when recommending diets to promote weight loss.
2(nourishment)alimentación femininedieta (alimenticia) femininethey live on a diet of rice and fish — se alimentan de arroz y pescado
- a generation brought up on a diet of violence — una generación que ha crecido sin ver otra cosa que violencia
- The addition of straw to the diets of all animals on the farm will allow silage supplies to be stretched.
- This article reported on a certain agriculture professor from Oregon that claimed a strict vegetarian diet caused animals to suffer.
- Rice is a staple food in the diet of most Ivoirians.
- There are many concerns with eating diets high in animal fat.
- The vegetarian diet is the best food that I have tasted since being arrested.
- They represent a major cost-of-living blow for lower income groups for whom bread and mealie meal are the staple diet.
- Unlike ovo-lacto vegetarians, vegans have eliminated all animal products from their diets.
- Food was very basic with beans and rice being the staple diet.
- But these huge animals have very nutritious diets: they eat berries, nuts, insects, and of course, honey.
- There were other feeds for animals, but hay was the staple diet.
- The calming, sattvic temperament accruing from a vegetarian diet is reflected in animals.
- When your staple diet is cheap food, you can afford a few treats - the kind of treats you could never get from your local post office.
- Vegetarians base their diet on four main food groups: starch, legumes, fruits and vegetables.
- Amazingly, some people define vegetarian as a diet which excludes the meat of animals but does permit fish and eggs.
- Clearly, many vegetarians live off diets of convenience food and this is incredibly unhealthy.
- As soups are a main staple of the Thai diet, the menu showcases various permutations incorporating veggies, seafood and chicken in tom yum and tom khaa varieties.
- Staples of the Serbian diet are bread, meat, fruits, vegetables, and dairy products.
- Some land was tilled, mainly for the cultivation of oats that formed a staple part of the diet of the settler community.
- This allows management decisions to be made to ensure that the total diet of wintered animals meets their biological and productive needs.
- And we get residues of the hormones in those foods, so if you are going to eat, I recommend reducing animal foods in the diet.
1hacer régimenhacer dieta
- This time I dieted so the weight came off as I worked on my skills.
- Even if I'm dieting, I will just bring some food with me to the restaurant.
- Thanks to her advice, I've never dieted and I've kept my weight in check.
- If we want a different weight, we diet or body build.
- By 11 she was gaining weight; at 15, distressed by playground taunts, she began dieting.
- I eat the same types of food whether I'm dieting for a show or in a gaining phase.
- If you are not dieting, losing weight is a serious symptom as are tiredness and weakness.
- I really can't be bothered to diet, but I do feel I need to lose some weight.
- It says don't diet just eat sensibly and the weight will drop off.
- In 2000 the British Medical Association warned that female TV stars often dieted to appear slim on TV, but ended up too thin because they tended to overcompensate for the effects of television.
- The hard part about this is ensuring you don't lose any hard-earned muscle while you're dieting.
- If a woman, famous or not, decides she needs to diet or have weight loss surgery for her own health or happiness, far be it from me to sit in judgment.
- Maybe that's why people regain their weight after they diet: they are in better condition to eat more.
- We love food and we hate it; we binge and we diet; we perceive it as both a treat and a threat.
- He believes some obese people cannot lose weight purely by dieting - they are clinically ill.
- Do you realise that before I left for Melbourne and you began dieting, I weighed more than you, even then?
- Very obese people tend not to exercise and are frequently poor, and they spend a disproportionate amount of time dieting.
- I've been told that the weight won't just drop off - I still have to diet and exercise to lose it, it'll just be easier than before.
- If you are no more than a stone or so heavier than you were in your late 20s, you probably shouldn't worry about your weight or try to diet.
- Inevitably, you lose focus on your diet and blow up even fatter than when you began dieting.
- Under the ‘October Diploma’ of 1860, the government agreed to call the diets, which would then elect to the Reichsrat.
- The term originated with the protest of the reforming minority at the diet of Spires in 1529 against the catholic majority.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.