- Alternating dark and light parallel lines on the detector mark where columns of silicon atoms diffract the electrons.
- So as the single photon's wave function passes through the slits it is diffracted and interferes with itself.
- His lab has developed a chip device that diffracts light in the presence of certain antibodies.
- You wouldn't see the rainbow effect if you used two reflecting surfaces an inch apart because that distance too large to diffract visible light.
- In 1912, Max von Laue predicted that the spacing of crystal layers is small enough to diffract light of the appropriate wavelength.