In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Even an in-focus image will exhibit some blurring due to the diffraction of light from the camera aperture.
- X-ray diffraction, electron microprobes, and single crystal studies would still be needed in most cases.
- But once the circuit elements get down to sizes close to the wavelength of light, diffraction begins to blur the circuit patterns as they are projected.
- However, because of the wave nature of light, focused light is subject to diffraction.
- Optically, pinhole images, because they are created by diffraction, are a recording of diffracted light.
- At the time of diffraction, the scale's grating causes the phase of diffracted light beams to change.
- This phenomenon is due to the diffraction of the electron beam by the material through which it passes.
- The relevant law in this case governs the diffraction of light as it passes the edges of an opening such as a telescope aperture.
- A diffraction grating can accomplish the same separation of colors because of diffraction.
- Lipid phase behavior and the dimensions of the multibilayer systems were analyzed by x-ray diffraction.
- It is a fact of physics that all light beams suffer from diffraction; it was not thought that much could be done about it.
- Upon stretching the fiber, all the meridian reflections are shifted toward small angles of diffraction.
- He encouraged her to continue her scientific work and she continued successful work on x-ray diffraction in the Department of Physics.
- The increase of experimental resolution in x-ray diffraction could open the way for the study of less dense aggregates.
- But the corona owes its origin to diffraction rather than refraction.
- X-ray diffraction and time of flight neutron scattering confirmed the amorphous structure.
- The sample chamber could be rotated to alter the incident angle for both reflective and transmissive diffraction.
- This idea was forgotten about when the wave nature of light became apparent via diffraction experiments.
- He related the amount of refraction of light, or diffraction of light, to its wavelength.
- The other unit displays chaotic reflectors with large energy diffraction.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.