In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(digital TV set)televisor digital masculine
2(system)televisión digital feminine
- And where a digital television is linked to a telephone line, the remote control can be used to vote in a wide range of reality TV shows.
- Working with China Central Television it brings digital television to rural villages.
- It will provide a showcase of local technology, focusing on digital television, satellite broadband and the internet.
- At a glance, it would seem so, but this fails to take into account the change in viewing patterns that digital television brings.
- Free digital television has a huge appeal and shows no signs of slowing down.
- The public will be able to vote for their best-loved novel in the Top 21 by phone, text, digital television or internet.
- Viewers receive digital television through their phone line and a set-top box.
- The move to digital television has changed this.
- The simple, free proposition enables viewers to access digital television via their aerials for a one-off cost from around £50.
- So you get an awful lot of reporting on things like changes to digital television and Pay-TV and that sort of thing, far more than you do on other things, far, far more.
- Viewers can participate through phone, digital television and text and give their opinions on the merits of each case.
- Interactive digital television and even touch-tone phones may soon act as alternatives to to crossing ballot papers in local schools and halls.
- Using text messages and the red button on digital television the UK audience can register their feelings on the arguments as they unfold.
- And we will keep a watching brief on interactivity and digital television.
- We haven't looked at consolidation in the context of digital television and the new technologies.
- Like digital television, it could take years to be fully introduced.
- Take this high-definition digital television that supposedly everyone will be using a few years from now.
- The additional growth of satellite and cable ensures that digital television will soon be enjoyed by the majority of the UK.
- Apart from hundreds of new channels, digital television promises viewers a bigger and better picture, crisper sound and clearer vision.
- Viewers will also get their chance to express their opinion - voting either online, via digital television or by telephone during the programme.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.