In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comedor masculinebefore noun dining-room table — mesa de comedor feminine
- Best seat in the house: By the fire in the room between the dining room and the bar.
- Special features include white limestone flooring in the hallways, oak timber flooring in the drawing rooms and dining rooms.
- The majority of entries are mediocre hotel dining rooms serving yesterday's cooking, food for tourists.
- That was only the hoovering and dusting of four bedrooms, stairs, a living room and a dining room.
- After two hours, they had gotten the living room and dining rooms finished and were working on the kitchen.
- The thieves broke in by forcing a casement window in the dining room before ransacking the house.
- This behemoth of a hotel has 10 dining rooms, one of which is the Picasso room, sporting a very large collection of originals.
- Draperies, of course, are a popular choice for living rooms and dining rooms.
- Features include oil-fired central heating and fireplaces in the living room and dining rooms.
- The reception area is quite large while the sitting room and dining rooms are massive, with provision for an open fireplace in the sitting room.
- Both these dishes could be found in hotel dining rooms until about the turn of the century.
- Inside, even on the ground floor alone, there are a large variety of rooms, including two kitchens, a drawing room, two dining rooms and a sitting room.
- For business needs, the hotel has six function rooms and private dining rooms.
- The group ate their meal in the dining room as the kitchen was likely to feel overcrowded.
- Sunrises and sunsets proved spectacular, as did the views from our room and from the dining room.
- Also remember you may not need to clean formal living rooms or dining rooms each time you clean.
- Several of the unit designs feature skylit dining rooms and living rooms.
- On the ground floor are two dining rooms, upstairs can house private parties.
- There are three bedrooms, a drawing room, a dining room, a kitchen and a bathroom.
- The main drawing room and dining rooms are off the hallway.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.