In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- According to Haines, some 50 people followed Dixon, who was accompanied by several diocesan officials.
- So who insures compliance with diocesan policies?
- It would be reassuring if a sample of these diocesan reports could actually be audited by outsiders, and a closer look taken in cases that seem to be statistically unlikely.
- But in the present climate, his testimony and that of diocesan attorneys just won't suffice.
- At the same time, a life of dedicated celibacy would be properly respected and maintained in religious life and among those diocesan clergy who freely choose it.
- Diocesan newspapers do not broadcast weaknesses in diocesan procedures or policies.
- How do we strive for justice and peace in our work with these minority groups in our seminary and diocesan community?
- Many chapters have opened lines of communication with diocesan officials in an effort to find common ground but, in many ways, the rifts have only grown deeper.
- In the 1960s I wrote a Catholic column syndicated to ten diocesan newspapers.
- The documents issuing from Rome and diocesan offices come across as totally abstract and divorced from real life.
- It seems to me that it's been a long time since that was a working metaphor among diocesan clergy.
- At the same time, diocesan leaders must work especially hard to make clear the differences between a Mass and a Communion service.
- In ten years, diocesan leaders have shrunk the number of parishes from 194 to 175.
- Each local context requires creative action that enables parish and diocesan leaders to promote a sense of belonging and ownership among Latinas and Latinos.
- This too may have its drawbacks, but at least a local appointee will have a fair knowledge of clergy and people and a sense of diocesan needs.
- In all likelihood there will be no universal template for diocesan statements, but they could all comply with a certain set of standards for intelligibility.
- Soon came the facsimile machine, and if there was not a machine at diocesan headquarters in Kenya, Ghana, or South Africa, there usually was one not far away.
- Delegates from diocesan councils shall be elected to a national assembly of Roman Catholics empowered to oversee the well-being of the church in Canada.
- As I look back on decades of chairing parish and diocesan meetings, the book's purpose hits home.
- A good deal has been written about the need for accountability and transparency in diocesan transactions, financial and managerial.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.