In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That was when whooping cough, measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphtheria and smallpox were routine.
- There was no report on diphtheria, rabies, tetanus or whooping cough during the study period.
- Indeed, no case of tetanus, diphtheria or whooping cough was reported over the two years under study.
- Vaccinations are free and compulsory for tuberculosis, diphtheria, polio, yellow fever, and measles, mumps, and rubella.
- For nearly 50 years Australian babies have been routinely vaccinated against diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus.
- Parents often wonder why it takes a year or more and multiple shots to fully immunize their children against diseases like diphtheria and pertussis.
- Pasteur went on to discover vaccinations for chicken pox, cholera, diphtheria, anthrax and rabies.
- Epidemics such as influenza, pneumonia, diphtheria, scarlet fever, and typhoid took a deadly toll.
- Some bacteria, such as those that cause tetanus and diphtheria, produce powerful toxins.
- Among vaccine-preventable childhood diseases, only measles was reported, but no diphtheria, tetanus or whooping cough.
- Typhus cases shot through the roof, as did diphtheria, relapsing fever, dysentery, cholera and so on.
- It provides immunity to polio, as well as diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and Hib.
- Possible reactions to immunisation against diphtheria and tetanus and pertussis include fever, vomiting, and listlessness.
- Consider this, some of the worst diseases of the 20th century - tuberculosis, diphtheria and pneumonia were not cured with the help of animal testing.
- That's because children were vulnerable to infectious diseases such as scarlet fever, diphtheria, whooping cough and measles.
- First or second degree block, however, can occur with rheumatic carditis, diphtheria, digoxin overdose, and congenital heart defects.
- The serum was also used in vaccines against measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria and whooping cough until as late as 1993.
- Many children succumb to diarrhea, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, measles and malnutrition.
- A balanced diet can lower the risk of infectious diseases and this is apparent in the reduction of diseases such as cholera, diphtheria and polio in England.
- A study in Benin failed to show that vaccination for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and polio was associated with reduced mortality from other conditions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.