In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1diploma masculineto have / hold a diploma in sth — ser diplomado en algo
- He gained nine GCSEs before moving to Bolton Community College where he is studying for a sports diploma.
- His numerous academic awards included diplomas in social studies and sociology.
- He later went to the College of Commerce in Rathmines from where he graduated with a higher diploma in business studies.
- A total of 1246 degrees, diplomas and certificates were awarded by the university at the weekend.
- We start with details of art history summer schools and study trips in Cambridge and London and also Postgraduate diplomas and MA courses at the renowned college at West Dean in Sussex.
- The College Board estimates that college graduates earn on average 81 percent more than those with high school diplomas.
- Steinbach Christian High School will award diplomas to 33 grads.
- Some earn high school diplomas, and others study for degrees in everything from economics to medicine.
- He was awarded a diploma with distinction at the end of the gruelling course.
- But she soon left it after enrolling at Fort Cox College to study for a diploma in animal production.
- On completion of this course he will be awarded a diploma as a ring side doctor.
- Some earn high-school diplomas by taking courses broadcast on the radio.
- Students who fail to achieve minimum scores on state tests are prevented from graduating from high school with full academic diplomas.
- The qualifications and diplomas awarded by the College were validated by the University of London.
- For more than a century the department of education has collected data on the number of high-school diplomas awarded each year.
- For example, some states retain students or withhold high school diplomas from students who do not pass the tests.
- Both artists continued their studies resulting in diplomas in Adult Education for the former and Arts Management for the latter.
- Ask to see the certificates / diplomas for the formal education he/she claims.
- Students get a diploma in biblical studies when they complete 12 courses in four years.
- It also offers an MBA in business studies, postgraduate diplomas in computing and journalism, and professional courses in law and accounting.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.