In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Mr Chairman, Zambia has invested a lot in diplomacy and international relations.
- Italy has oscillated between active involvement in EU diplomacy and a passive presence in the system.
- The end of the cold war represented a dramatic change in the international context within which diplomacy is conducted.
- We also hope the United States will apply flexible diplomacy, apart from its basic principles.
- It also shows that simple dialogue or Western-backed diplomacy cannot provide solutions to the conflict.
- However, military activity had left all sides weak and secret diplomacy took over from military conflict.
- The dialogue of diplomacy then carries the threat of war rather than the promise of peace.
- Summit diplomacy has become a very important component of international diplomacy.
- International diplomacy - and its failings - played just as big a part in the Balkan conflict.
- Skill in diplomacy could not replace skill in war, but the former was essential to final success.
- There's a familiar rule that diplomacy works best when backed by the threat of force.
- When English-Indian relations did not turn upon sheer power they rested on diplomacy.
- Bad mouthing the Germans in mid-bid probably wasn't the smartest piece of international diplomacy.
- It is a symbolic reassertion of the efficacy of diplomacy and dialogue over the use of force in international disputes.
- Laval was a tough negotiator and manipulator, an activist in diplomacy in which he pushed at the frontiers of constraint.
- Downer thinks Australia must become firmer in its private diplomacy over Taiwan.
- What we are trying to do now is to use diplomacy and use political actions to resolve this.
- China should take note here and apply diplomacy to foster good neighbor relations.
- Of course, not everyone has been enamoured of this latest incursion into international diplomacy.
- They are also expected to follow accepted practices of diplomacy and to support international organizations.
- Can you talk about the delicacy and diplomacy needed to secure your footage?
- Tactful diplomacy is, ultimately, the only sensible way to resolve this dispute.
- We believe that women can excel in the field as it is not all about muscle but tact and diplomacy.
- Tact and diplomacy are also important, and again, it is to the Moon, Venus and Libra that we look for support in that area.
- It would certainly require an incredible level of diplomacy and sensitivity.
- An ability to influence with subtlety and diplomacy should not go unmentioned.
- Their admirable diplomacy on this sensitive question has an explanation not immediately obvious.
- The optimum solution will be one that involves diplomacy, dignity and justice for all concerned.
- People in this category do well in employment requiring diplomacy and tact.
- Now is the time for a return to traditional, professional Japanese diplomacy.
- All these conflicts were eventually resolved by diplomacy, dialogue and concession.
- This is what we like: a little bit of verbal sparring between two people not exactly renowned for their diplomacy or tact.
- By concentrating on tact and diplomacy you can more effectively take advantage of your intellectual potential.
- Trying to make staff regulations for a team like that was a task requiring diplomacy and sensitivity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.