In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1acción directa feminine
- He was on the radical or ‘physical force’ wing of the Chartists, believing in mass direct action.
- He wants to see a left wing approach of opposing the Government, demanding more, more strikes, more direct action.
- I will continue a life of direct action, whatever the consequences.
- The IWW relies on solidarity and non-violent direct action to achieve our goals.
- Most shared the values of their parents but believed in direct action for change.
- I know that you have fasted and been involved in direct action and civil disobedience.
- Maybe the rise of direct action has something to do with it.
- When the unemployed or refugees took direct action, he supported them.
- Delegates called for a campaign of mass civil disobedience, strikes and direct action to stop the war.
- What kind of direct action do we need to stop the war machine?
- His instinct was to take a populist tough line against civil disobedience and direct action.
- We need to organise the most effective types of direct action against the war machine.
- Some were hoping for mass direct action to disrupt the base.
- The two most effective forms of mass direct action are riots and strikes.
- Today there was a planned nonviolent direct action against two shipping companies at the Oakland docks that profit from war.
- During the 1980s a militant wing of the pro-life movement had attempted to close clinics by direct action.
- Do you believe this kind of direct action is a legitimate form of protest for everyone?
- We have been using direct action and civil disobedience against the war and the army.
- Their direct action has forced their government to take note.
- There is no contradiction between demonstrating and direct action.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.