In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1directriz femininedirectiva feminine Latin AmericaEU directives become binding on member states — las directivas de la UE pasan a ser vinculantes para los estados miembros
- At World Cups, referees receive directives from Fifa about a particular aspect of the game which has become a concern.
- God shows no partiality to the rich or poor when it comes to obeying his moral directives.
- It had become a work game whereby workers found ways to subvert directives from supervisors.
- It cannot afford to have a deputy who needs to rely on directions and directives from above.
- State authorities have ignored court directives demanding certain prisoners be produced.
- The police had registered the case and started investigations on directives from the Chief Minister.
- If Community action is required, the Commission will proceed through directives rather than regulations.
- The US government has no authority to issue directives to the country's courts.
- To recall, the state is deemed to enforce all directives of Apex Courts without any impediment.
- It also drafts standards for power conversion and monitors European Commission directives on behalf of its members.
- He said the directives should be given legal authority for the system to work.
- Ireland has also been punished by Europe for failing to implement a number of environmental directives.
- None of the above directives have ever been implemented or enforced.
- In fact, it could not change its plan as it was set in stone, dictated by EU directives.
- Schools in Bangalore are in focus these days, thanks to two directives.
- In fact, many are likely to be confused and discouraged by these prescriptions and directives.
- Thus, we can see the directives of the local authorities in making those decisions.
- Law-making in the EU is generally carried out through regulations or directives.
- Everything is illegal unless approved by the government, thus the reason for such idiotic regulations and directives.
- The Chief Justice will issue directives which will guide attorneys and others on what practice is to be utilised.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.