In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(board of directors)dirección femininedirectiva feminineconsejo de administración masculinejunta directiva feminine
- He argues that the ‘mechanisms’ of the holding company and interlocking directorates vertically integrated each of the local industries to the U.S. sugar refining sector.
- In addition, we also controlled for board centrality in the network of interlocking directorates, measured as the natural log of the total number of non-duplicated ties between the focal board and all other boards in the larger sample.
- Corporate networks are formed when the directors of some corporations sit on the boards of others, creating interlocking directorates.
- When a corporation's management invites outsiders to sit on its board, it surrenders decision-making authority to them and often creates interlocking directorates with other firms.
- The extensive research on interlocking directorates provides insight into the power dynamic associated with outside board membership.
- Prior research on interlocking directorates has focused on how overlapping board memberships can promote mimetic isomorphism in a population by facilitating the diffusion of individual policies and structures between firms.
- For instance, interlocking directorates linking firms have been reported to contribute to the spread of corporate acquisitions, poison pills, golden parachutes, and technological innovations.
- Conseco has no investment bankers, legal counsel, commercial bankers, or consultants doing business with the company on its board, nor are there any interlocking directorates.
- With that cultural understanding will come a noticeable difference in the way the directorate helps personnel.
- Such companies developed elected directorates to enforce their rules, deal with disputes amongst their members, and negotiate with outsiders.
- Most think that acquisition behavior diffuses through the network of interlocking directorates.
- The bank had four interlocking directorates with the utility.
- Though legal, such interlocking directorates are not exactly good corporate governance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.