In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1telephone directoryguía telefónica feminineguía de teléfonos femininedirectorio telefónico masculine Colombia Mexicolistín (de teléfonos) masculine Spain informal
2(index, yearbook)directorio masculineguía femininea street / city directory — una guía de calles
- A directory containing the details of the students who are willing to donate blood and their blood groups was released.
- The online membership directory is updated quarterly to incorporate this new information.
- Microsoft could help by creating an online directory of local outfits that can install the networks.
- I go down to the MHS library and begin looking at the 1912 city directories, alphabetical listings of people, their addresses, and occupations.
- Choosing a name from the local telephone directory is risky if you have no other information about the provider.
- Most of these so-called invoices concern subscriptions to print or internet business directories.
- Meelick National School will launch a local telephone directory in the next two weeks.
- Other key activities will include a regional organic trade directory listing producers, processors and retailers.
- In this month three enterprising students from De La Salle College compiled a telephone directory of the local area.
- There was no regular Philadelphia city directory published in 1838.
- We would like to compile an interior design directory for small businesses in York.
- The directory, besides listing details about its members, has several other user-friendly features.
- For this purpose, they conduct surveys and compile an annual directory of all participating companies.
- Even media businesses or services without a web presence can benefit from having their details listed in the directory.
- An all-inclusive online directory contains profiles and contact information on legislators and lobbyists.
- The 1848-53 Boston city directories listed names, occupations, and addresses of adult residents of Boston.
- The new local area phone directory, being compiled by Roundfort Foroige, is going to print at the weekend.
- But will he arrange to make copies of the directory available on sale for the public?
- The directory lists and provides details of South African Art Organisations, Service Industries, and Infrastructure.
- The directory contains telephone numbers of various companies which have been categorised under different heads.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.