In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(state)invalidez femininediscapacidad feminineminusvalía feminine(pension/allowance) por invalidez
- It permitted specified doctors to put to death those suffering from grave mental or physical disabilities.
- Children with spina bifida can also have severe learning disabilities.
- Children may have other disabilities like physical impairment or they may be autistic.
- Some parents whose children have severe learning disabilities have been told that their respite services are being cut.
- Thus swimming should not be discouraged in people with epilepsy or any other physical disability.
- Aspirin is known to help reduce the disability caused by a stroke and to prevent further strokes.
- Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that affects the way a person communicates and relates to people around them.
- Subsequently she has become very well known for overcoming the disability caused by the accident and carrying out charity work.
- For Liam, every game is a victory as he battles to overcome his disability.
- Autism is a life-long developmental disability that affects the way a person relates and interacts to people around them.
- Autism is a life-long developmental disability which affects more than an estimated 500,000 people in the UK.
- It pays for equipment and holidays to help improve the lives of children with physical and mental disabilities in the York area.
- Providing care for older individuals suffering mental disabilities can exact an enormous psychological toll on family and loved ones.
- In fact, reading disabilities affect 2 to 8 percent of elementary school children.
- This may have enormous sociopsychological impact and cause physical disability.
- The committee found that adults with intellectual disabilities are treated as second-rate citizens.
- Skeletal scrutiny also indicates that these animals can survive a range of illnesses and injuries that cause permanent disabilities.
- And over 450 people with intellectual disabilities are living in deplorable conditions in psychiatric hospitals.
- Recipients include community groups, nursing homes, and people with physical disabilities.
- Preventing disability in older adults is a challenge.
2(particular handicap)problema masculineshe managed to overcome her disability — consiguió superar su problema
(disqualification)incapacidad (legal) feminine
- The fact that the defendant is under a disability is, in the end, it seems to me, a neutral point.
- Supreme Court said that object was to wipe out disabilities imposed by Hindu Shastras.
- The situation was so disconcerting to Wade that he suffered a nervous breakdown and went on disability.
- The disability is imposed upon the caste and as a member of the caste that is his lot.
- Those with disabilities can find themselves disadvantaged and sometimes victimised.
- There is no issue with the value of the long-term disability once it is found to be property.
- Non-pecuniary interests will sometimes be substantial and clearly justify such disabilities.
- A majority of those on welfare are on disability or sole parent support pensions.
- The consent order recited that no person affected by the order was under a legal disability.
- It is the imposition of a harsh term in a circumstance where someone is in a disability.
- The Supreme Court said that the objective was to wipe out disabilities imposed by Hindu shastras.
- It was necessary for him to show that he was under a disability on and from the date of the accident.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.