In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(physically handicapped)discapacitadominusválido offensive dateda disabled soldier — un inválido de guerra offensive dated
- Tony is one of approximately 150,000 people in Hampshire who is a carer - somebody who cares for a sick or disabled partner or relative.
- The film takes a light-hearted look at the problems faced by disabled people in poorly-designed buildings.
- Another 21 percent were serious, and left the soldier permanently disabled.
- Of the rest, about half were clearly recognizable as developmentally disabled adults.
- What would you say to a parent that's contemplating having their intellectually disabled child sterilised?
- I look up, and it's the developmentally disabled guy from my apartment building.
- Yet today, it is used only as a home for some intellectually disabled residents.
- Tory Euro-MPs say over-prescriptive details will make it more expensive for manufacturers to comply with the worthy goal of improving bus conditions for disabled people.
- They showed no real differences between the physically disabled and able-bodied athletes.
- And that causes a stroke that can kill or leave someone permanently disabled.
- But the Government says it has brought forward a raft of equality legislation and has pumped record funds into the improving conditions for disabled people.
- It provides technology to make facilities, programs and activities usable for disabled workers at no cost to the requesting organization.
- The researchers are adamant though, the development is aimed not at couch potatoes but so that bedridden or disabled people to get some of the benefits of exercise.
- A restaurant cannot limit seating of disabled patrons to one area, for instance.
- Yoga has proven to aid development of self esteem in severely disabled children.
- Carers' Week supports the UK's six million carers people who look after a sick or disabled friend, partner or relative.
- He suffered serious brain injuries which have left him mentally disabled.
- They began the project, based in Charnley Street, Mill Hill, after seeing first-hand the lack of activity provision for disabled children.
- A couple Mondays ago, a minibus pulled up and deposited five mentally disabled adults at our door.
- Science can be one area of schoolwork that gives disabled students a sense of achievement and self-esteem.
1the disabled — los minusválidos dated offensive
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.