In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1quitarle la ambigüedad a
- Therefore, an ontological model can effectively disambiguate meanings of words from free text sentences.
- The closest Wise comes to disambiguating the narrative occurs in the final scene, when, as noted above, the wheel of Eleanor's car moves of its own accord to kill its driver.
- Unless you are using it to disambiguate items in a list, a semicolon should be used only between independent clauses - that is, clauses that can stand as complete sentences on their own.
- Note that even when the percentage of words correctly identified is very low (high degree of perceptual stress), older adults appear to be better able to use context to disambiguate words.
- Interestingly, when creating the spirituality and health thesaurus, I thought we were disambiguating terms until we did the indexing pilot study.
- We know from much evidence that native speakers of all written languages use context to disambiguate homophone pairs that have a single written form.
- The original message may not at first be interpretable, but then it is disambiguated through a zoom in.
- Evans et al.'s paper in this issue is an excellent example of how rigorous statistical methods can help to disambiguate the sources of particular patterns of correlation.
- In order to disambiguate the term, I shall call paradigms of this second kind ‘disciplinary paradigms', as opposed to the ‘exemplary paradigms' described earlier.
- Many top-down influences have been shown to influence perception, to disambiguate ambiguous information, or to provide a context in which to interpret information.
- Even if the context might be enough to disambiguate, it just wouldn't sound serious.
- Nonetheless, when text is read, the absence of a vowel is a cue to retrieve the semantic context so as to disambiguate opaque words that are ambiguous.
- In fact, one of the primary tasks of recognition memory could be to disambiguate potential, competing sources of processing fluency to arrive at the knowledge that the item or event was experienced at a particular time in the past.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.