1(dislike)desaprobación feminineto voice / express one's disapproval of sb/sth — mostrar / expresar su (or mi etc.) desaprobación respecto de algn/algo
- she frowned in disapproval — frunció el ceño con desaprobación
- there were murmurs of disapproval — se oyeron murmullos de desaprobación
- A few women hesitantly expressed their disapproval, but the doctor was in full flow by then.
- It's as if a person's tentative tone allows them to retract the statement if it is met with criticism or disapproval.
- Perhaps because it made him indignant, and he wanted to express his disapproval to the world.
- The diplomat explained that people were booing, an expression of disapproval.
- She first arrived in London in the mid-Sixties, in no doubt of her father's disapproval and contempt.
- He kept his disappointments to himself, a quiet murmur of disapproval usually being as far as it went.
- There is no visible change, but to the ear accustomed, it is the noise of disapproval, of distaste.
- Daniel pulled a face at Arthur, making clear his disapproval and dislike of Alicia's suitor.
- If I do see any fish today, I will certainly frown at them, to express my disapproval.
- When boys were being cruel to others, I protected my status by gently expressing my disapproval.
- The Empress' disapproval and dislike of the new Crown Princess did not soften over time.
- Despite some voices of disapproval within the Chamber the increase was passed.
- All present spoke with her, were curious about her, and none of them passed a hint of disapproval.
- This he did in the face of disapproval and sharp disagreement from his peers in the West.
- Yesterday's Senate expression of disapproval was a good sign, but will die in the House.
- Disgust or disapproval shouldn't be enough of a reason to prevent something by law.
- Bus drivers have voiced their disapproval over their proposed relocation following the sale of a bus garage.
- In any case, even if he does complain or voice disapproval, the US will probably just go it alone anyway.
- I started up at him with a fiery, angry gaze, and his face contorted in disapproval and disgust.
- Privately he can hear the mutterings of disapproval and disappointment.
2US(rejection)(of bill) no aprobación feminine(of grant) denegación feminine