In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desarme masculine(treaty/talks) sobre (el) desarmenuclear disarmament — desarme nuclear
- I also think that the right body to force disarmament, and to cause a regime change is the U.N.
- Arms control and disarmament are distinct from the laws of war.
- I fear that bypassing the United Nations and demanding regime change by force instead of working toward peaceful disarmament is a dangerous step for our nation.
- In the end they're going to have to choose peace and disarmament or a private army and war.
- Universal controlled disarmament must replace deterrence and arms control as the national defense goal.
- Why not wait and see how far we can move it towards disarmament of weapons of mass destruction by the attrition of political pressure?
- In general, both arms control and disarmament deal with the same subject - arms stability.
- The condition of its peace settlement in the early 1990s was its disarmament.
- Operation Axe included the demobilization and disarmament of the Italian Army.
- The virtual disarmament by European nations which followed World War One led directly to World War Two.
- Should we be forced to commit our troops because of his failure to disarm, the mission will be complete disarmament, which will mean regime change.
- The Ulster Unionist Party played to try and force the complete disarmament of the IRA.
- The record of arms control and disarmament in the post-Cold War era is confusing.
- I am the Minister responsible for disarmament in terms of nuclear weapons.
- Now we know that disarmament and weapons of mass destruction were a blind designed to hide the true objective of regime change.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.