In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(organization) disolver(army) licenciar
- Now, however, sources say that Blair estimates he can use a threat of action against IRA illegal business activity to bludgeon the organisation into disbanding.
- The Beta Band disbanded at the end of 2004 leaving behind a legacy of innovative and inspiring music.
- The team then disbands and a new team forms to work on the next project.
- ‘The public consultation is a mockery,’ said Mr Putwain who had brought to the meeting a final position statement of the CHC before it disbands on December 1.
- We heard scattered news that the army was disbanding.
- Glusburn and Cross Hills gala will not go ahead this year after the committee officially disbanded at the weekend.
- The remaining attorneys disbanded at the end of 2001, going in a number of different professional directions.
- It was disappointing to read two recent articles: ‘Summer events threatened by dearth of helpers’ and ‘Guild disbands as membership falls’.
- The 228 Incident Committee was declared an illegal organization and ordered to disband.
- If the IRA disbands, it will have been established that the IRA was not merely an illegal organisation but an unambiguously terrorist organisation.
- Irish writer John Banville asks why the IRA in their most recent statement announced that they would put an end to their armed campaign but not disband the organisation.
- St. Fintan's have since disbanded due to falling numbers.
- Mr James said the performers had gone their separate ways since the circus disbanded on Sunday.
- He praised Endriartono for making such a forceful call for all paramilitary organizations to disband.
- The IRA's war has ended and the organisation shall not disband.
- We're assuming that, on the verge of success, the organisation have done the only sensible thing and disbanded.
- Elsewhere in the fifth century units whose pay stopped disbanded and dispersed or settled on the land.
- Paramilitary organisations of all kinds should disarm and disband.
- The Clash finally disbanded in 1985, but that's not the end of the story.
- His singing group disbanded recently and he's mad!
1(organization) disolverse(group/gathering) desbandarse
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.