In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(barrister/attorney) inhabilitar para el ejercicio de la abogacía
- If found guilty by the tribunal, he could be disbarred from practising law in the country.
- And had they been inclined, they could have had him disbarred.
- He was a horrible attorney, and he's been disbarred.
- If you're already a lawyer and you get a conviction you can be disbarred but no one has ever tried to become a lawyer with a past conviction.
- In one-third of those cases, the report showed, the lawyer who represented the death penalty defendant at trial or on appeal had been or was later disbarred or otherwise sanctioned.
- He subsequently surrendered his law license in 1988 and was disbarred after an investigation.
- The former lawyer was convicted of attempted grand larceny concerning a client's missing funds and disbarred in 1987.
- Once a wealthy lawyer, he is now disbarred, broke and recently evicted from the hotel he has been living in since leaving the family.
- However she still takes on his case, risking exposure and being disbarred.
- I suspect that there are lawyers who have been disbarred because of less offensive courtroom buffoonery.
- If found guilty of breaching the requirements of the code of conduct, which require barristers to act independently at all times, he could be reprimanded, suspended from practice or even disbarred.
- Ten days later the lawyer was committed to a state mental institution for substance abuse and was eventually disbarred.
- He blames his attorney, who was disbarred during the case, for that one.
- And prosecutors who engage in such behavior usually end up being disbarred.
- After investigations into at least 20 complaints against him by his law clients, the attorney was disbarred and convicted of attempted grand larceny.
- A lawyer who commits a felony and is disbarred is surely less deserving of our concern than an applicant who committed a similar crime years before studying law.
- Untruthful police and expert witnesses should be charged and lawyers disbarred or otherwise disciplined.
- Because she was convicted of a felony, she was immediately disbarred, ending a career in law that spanned four decades.
- An investigation revealed that 33 defendants sentenced to death had been represented by attorneys who had been disbarred or suspended.
- In some states, a fifth of the attorneys who have represented defendants in capital cases have subsequently been suspended, disbarred or arrested.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.