In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If we do not take a disciplined approach these accidents will continue to happen.
- As they become proficient in handling their bikes they are subtly introduced to the need for disciplined behaviour on the road.
- There were five teams of prison warders, all of them in full uniform, and waiting in a disciplined manner for the event to start.
- It requires just a bit of creative imagination and disciplined thought.
- It is an example of the disciplined financial controls which have built up the funds the country needs for public works and poverty relief.
- A wisp of auburn hair fell across her forehead, challenging the control of her disciplined features.
- It is important that both parties have the ability to remain calm and work in a composed disciplined manner.
- Intervention has taken place in an unusually disciplined and performance-based manner.
- The House of Commons is organized along adversarial lines, its proceedings normally controlled by a disciplined party majority.
- It's a disciplined approach to creating websites which involves a great deal of discussion about objectives.
- Two highly disciplined and law-abiding populations meekly submitted to defeat.
- The survey also shows it is companies with successful plans that are more likely to have a disciplined approach to managing and monitoring their plan.
- He said the company takes a very disciplined approach when contemplating entering a market where the culture is different.
- The pacy, busy, vibrant winger has been replaced by a more thoughtful, more disciplined player.
- But it will be a tight, disciplined budget with spending under disciplined control.
- A successful yogi is expected to achieve mental control by way of various types of disciplined movement and breathing.
- We're taking a little more disciplined approach toward training in golf than might have been done in the past.
- The most significant among them are the ambience and the disciplined manner in which the festival is conducted.
- His was a textbook performance of disciplined self control and he did what was asked for team and country.
- I replied that as a disciplined civil servant I had no option but to accept the post.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.