1(deny)he disclaimed all responsibility for the accident — negó toda responsabilidad en el accidente
- he disclaimed ownership of the knife/any connection with him — negó que el cuchillo fuera suyo/tener ninguna relación con él
- she disclaimed all knowledge of his whereabouts — negó conocer su paradero
2Law(trust/property) renunciar a
- He went to the doctor who disclaimed all interest, saying it is a problem for a dentist.
- In theory, banks involved in the issue could be caught by these provisions, although in practice we have seen that they disclaim any responsibility.
- Yet they disclaim responsibility for fatalities when they do request intervention, arguing that they are required to do so by domestic law.
- Others disclaim any responsibility for their use in furtherance of copyright infringement.
- In other words, a joint tenant cannot disclaim his joint tenancy.
- The original beneficiary cannot choose where disclaimed property will go, so a contingent beneficiary must be in place to receive the benefits.
- And while disclaiming responsibility and blaming others, many suffer unnecessarily because of wrong priorities, wrong choices, squandered opportunities.
- Thereby he disclaimed the bequest in Clause 6 of the Will and all estate and interest in the scrap metal and restaurant businesses.
- In the Peerage Act peers were given the option of disclaiming their titles within one year.
- On one level, these arguments might be regarded as an attempt to disclaim responsibility, at least for the kinds of issue which are raised, if not for the way in which they are dealt with.
- We can't claim power or authority, and then disclaim responsibility if we neglect or misuse them.
- He says that he has numerous scientific studies disclaiming any link between sugar and obesity.
- Nor can they disclaim all responsibility for the operations of subcontractors they may employ at their plants.
- We cannot, in conscience, ignore these facts or disclaim responsibility.
- It is highly abnormal to challenge the testimony of someone who disclaims responsibility for producing a great work, whether literary, scientific or other.
- While admitting the failure, the utility disclaimed responsibility and is now threatened with lawsuits and an investigation by the public utility commission.
- Those who write such papers and those who publish them cannot disclaim ethical responsibility for how the data are interpreted and must consider more carefully their ethical responsibilities in such situations.
- He was blamed for a change in directors and a runaway budget though he disclaimed responsibility for either.
- They of course disclaim responsibility for the deaths.
- The audit's findings prompted the government to disclaim any responsibility to reimburse the credits and threatened to withdraw the bonds it had issued to the central bank.
- The most common examples are the rights of trustees in bankruptcy and liquidators of companies to disclaim certain property under the provisions of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- The humility in her woeful eyes almost disclaims the homespun excellence of her clothes.
- I disclaim any responsibilities for any harm resulting from using this site.
- The Health and Safety Executive has disclaimed any responsibility for enforcement of this legislation.
- The disclaimers added to the end of e-mail are not legally binding, but it's always good practice to try to disclaim liability‘.