In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The crucial distinction between a discography and a library or manufacturer's catalogue is the critical selection and organization of its information for a distinct purpose.
- I wanted to put an index and a discography in the hardback edition of the book.
- Theirs is quickly becoming one of the most daunting discographies in contemporary music.
- These expanded capabilities can capture all of the credits that are typically printed in the liner notes of an audio CD, as well as data found in comprehensive musical biographies or discographies.
- Checking the discography, however, I don't find them in our collection.
- His Tchaikovsky discography runs several pages, from the last four symphonies to items like ‘Hamlet’.
- I also found solace and beauty in the ethereally light Divertimento in B flat, a work which was not previously available in the Toscanini discography.
- It is a nice but not critical addition to the Khachaturian discography.
- You can read more at the link below, including a catalogue of works, a discography and a library of programme notes.
- Appendices contain a discography and details of concert halls around the world.
- In addition, the book includes a complete list of works, a discography and a bibliography.
- There are discographies, band biographies, a photo gallery, hidden studio tracks, and DVD-ROM links.
- The concluding portion of this article provides a lengthy discography that presents recordings that focus on tearful situations and crying themes over the past six decades.
- Paradoxically, this is not a major addition to the Bruckner discography, but it is a major addition to the Boulez discography.
- He has bequeathed to the world a rich discography of 10 full opera recordings, a Verdi ‘Requiem’, and many fine recital discs.
- I am very happy with his interpretations, and the disc is a welcome addition to the very extensive Scarlatti discography.
- The book also has a selected list of composers, selected bibliography, discography and an index.
- He has performed throughout the United States and Europe, his discography ranging from Bach on historical organs to 20th century fare.
- There is also a text biography and a complete discography included to complete the bonus features.
- It's also a big site, with artist biographies, discographies, tour details, full catalogue details with cover art and sound clips and an online radio show.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.