In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1US(store)tienda de saldos femininetienda de descuentos feminine
- It goes for a little under a hundred bucks at most discount houses and it seems like quite a bargain.
- Under current law, discount houses and supermarkets can only buy goods on the grey market in Europe, although there are plans to allow them to buy direct from the cheaper US and far Eastern markets.
- The night before we left on our vacation at Grand Beach Michigan, I dreamt of seeing a large maroon discount house and also a concrete bridge near an old railroad crossing.
- They are owners of the nation's largest steel works, travel agency, brick factory, discount house, auto dealership and computer software firm.
- Go to discount houses and see if you can find decent wedding and attendant dresses.
2BritishFinancebanco de descuento masculine
- As prices fall further, bank loans turn sour, and one or more mercantile houses, banks, discount houses, or brokerages fail.
- A clearing giant differs in its structure, business activities, and orientation from a discount house or a merchant bank.
- Prior to the outbreak of World War I in 1914 world trade was financed through real bill circulation with London acting as the discount house on a remarkably small gold base.
- Furthermore, there would only be a limited period of time within which it would be reasonably foreseeable that a bank or discount house would rely upon a given set of audited accounts.
- The country had 31 commercial banks, of which 14 were fully foreign-owned, 19 finance companies, 12 merchant banks and seven discount houses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.