In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tasa de descuento feminine
- A key vote on a proposed increase in the discount rate occurred at a Federal Reserve Board meeting on December 3.
- Discounting means selling the bill for cash at a discount, which depends on the discount rate and the number of days the bill has to run to maturity.
- We have also shown that the present value of the debt ratio grows or diminishes according to the difference between the real economic growth rate and the real interest rate and the discount rate.
- It has been argued that, for open market transactions to become more efficient, the discount rate should keep the banks from perpetual borrowing, which would disrupt the market's money supply and the central bank's monetary policy.
- In this economic environment the average discount rate on Treasury bills is 4.95 per cent.
- The discount rate is essentially the interest rate that banks and other depository institutions are charged to borrow from the Federal Reserve.
- The Dow has rallied in the last two weeks following the last cut in the discount rate by the Federal Reserve.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.