In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of plan, problem)discusión femininedebate masculineafter much discussion — después de largas deliberaciones
- there has been no discussion of the moral aspects — no se ha hablado de / no se han discutido los aspectos morales
- it's still under discussion — todavía se está discutiendo / estudiando
- when does it come up for discussion? — ¿cuándo se va a discutir / tratar?
- she suggested a topic for discussion — sugirió un tema para debatir
- there will be discussions with other unions/the management — habrá conversaciones con otros sindicatos/la patronal
- before noun discussion document — documento base / de consulta
- Do you think that more discussions should be held before implementing the project?
- Others were in constant discussions and debates in the campsites or in the refreshment areas.
- It has had articles written about it, and generated much heat in discussions and debate.
- There is nothing to stop us, at the end of this round of negotiations, starting a discussion like that.
- An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither wanted to concede they were wrong.
- After a political discussion about the campaign we discuss how to intervene that week.
- This is a fascinating discussion, and a topic about which I obviously need to learn a lot more.
- I like listening to their discussions and seeing how they interact with each other.
- Stephen is also unafraid to give his views on the industry and the recent discussions about this topic area.
- Inevitably in dealing with such large topics some of the discussions are far too abbreviated.
- He takes little part in a class discussion but will discuss a point on a one to one basis.
- He and I have had some great discussions over time even when we don't agree or see eye to eye on a subject.
- So discussions about my problems are really about the conflicts of the entire human race.
- She would always be the first one to raise a class discussion about any topic, in any class.
- Yet such a discussion is not even on the fringes of political debate on the left or anywhere else.
- That very topic had been the subject of a discussion I had earlier in the day with a friend.
- The rally kicked off a week of lively, exciting political debates and discussions.
- All are welcome to discuss their work, join in the discussions or just sit and listen.
- It is hard to prevent a discussion of form and materials from spilling over into a discussion of content.
- However, so far talks are at an early stage and there are still many discussions to take place.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.