In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Matrimonial disharmony ensued and the affairs began.
- This situation has created disharmony, confusion and chaos.
- On the other hand, disharmony or lack of cooperation among these institutions caused the regular army enormous difficulties.
- They are hell bent on creating division and disharmony.
- At present, there is racial discord and disharmony among ethnic groups in our country.
- While snoring does not cause serious health problems, it can causes marital disharmony.
- Intolerance is the mother of hatred, divisiveness and disharmony.
- Western science has no place for religion and it sets the scene therefore for disharmony and discordance with it.
- A lot of men I speak to are finding that the onset of organisationally-challenged middle age is causing disharmony at home.
- It releases negativity and disharmony and brings balance and health.
- The soaring apartment prices are also causing serious social disharmony between the haves and have-nots.
- Partition politics is the product of communal disharmony.
- Besides, the impact of such an eventuality would bring disharmony and bitterness among students.
- With disharmony mounting, relevance should not be a problem.
- In the absence of the spirit of free inquiry and free enterprise, slowly but surely we are heading towards greater social disharmony.
- Like music, gaming can produce harmony with good time management or disharmony through poor use of time.
- The golfing spree is feared to further deepen the social disharmony between the haves and have-nots.
- No wonder there is disharmony between struggling parents.
- The attack, on the contrary, showed a streak of disharmony and inconsistency.
- It is a recipe for disaster and disharmony in every way.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.