In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Their lack of a cell wall often results in disintegration or severe distortion when preserved, so they must be examined live for any possible identification.
- The history of the universe in its periodic passage from evolution to dissolution is conceived as a biological process of gradual and relentless deterioration, disintegration, and decay.
- Loss of red cells into the subcutaneous tissue, followed by their disintegration, causes the brown color change in the skin (nemosidcrin deposits).
- During fruit softening, pectins and hemicelluloses typically undergo solubilization and depolymerization that are thought to contribute to cell wall loosening and disintegration.
- In some cases, germ cells appeared to be in various stages of disintegration.
- To add a little spice to the mission, the teams are also running a competition to see who can most accurately predict - in the event of cometal disintegration - the paths of any pieces during the 1000 solar orbits after impact.
- The board said that one major piece of foam and at least two minor pieces fell off the shuttle, struck the wing, and ultimately led to its disintegration.
- Remember two-and - a-half years ago, a piece of debris struck the left wing and was a fatal breach that ultimately let to the disintegration of the vehicle and the loss of the crew.
- It's pretty clear that nothing untoward precipitated the disintegration of the Columbia spaceshuttle upon its re-entry.
- Necrosis is a spontaneous and unregulated process that results in disintegration of the cell membrane and its organelles.
- In 1988, just 11 ounce were enough to blow a hole in the fuselage of Flight 103 and cause the aircraft's disintegration, killing 270 people.
- We have the disintegration of the shuttle orbiter.
- A longer-term effect would be if the disintegration led to a meltdown of the grounded West Antarctic ice sheet, which would cause the world's oceans to rise by up to 5 metres.
- Had the foam hit, it could have caused the same type of damage that led to the disintegration of the shuttle Columbia over Texas on February 1, 2003.
- Aerenchyma is formed by cell separation or selective cell death and disintegration.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.