In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in hospital, clinic)dispensario masculinefarmacia feminine
- The sets of ampoules were made up at an independent homoeopathic dispensary (the Centre for the Study of Complementary Medicine, Southampton) with numerical codes on each of the bottles.
- In one such camp there is only one doctor from a Rajasthan hospital, Dr Aquil Ansari who has opened a temporary dispensary in a class room and who is tending to patients day and night.
- All that left was for the dispensary to issue some medicine, which they did, but not before the women lying on the bench next to me vomited all over the floor.
- Rajasthan had 17 Unani dispensaries and 7 Ayurveda dispensaries in 1947.
- The centre is equipped with a dispensary having all herbal medicines and expert druggists from the AVP.
- Although several makeshift dispensaries are erected during the Hajj season, these are often difficult to access, largely on account of the human mass.
- £300 could buy a kit of equipment and medicines for a village dispensary which enables a trained volunteer health worker to detect and treat the majority of simple illnesses among rural children and mothers.
- Just £300 could buy a kit of equipment and medicines for a village dispensary, which enables a trained volunteer health worker to detect and treat the majority of simple illnesses among rural children and mothers.
- Our first rough estimate is that we've raised just under a thousand pounds - all in aid of providing a medical dispensary for one of the poorest areas of India.
- It would create state-regulated dispensaries to supply marijuana, let authorized growers sell pot to patients for a profit, and allow patients to possess a pound of it at a time instead of the current 3-ounce limit.
- The dispensary, with its scores of bottles containing different coloured medicines on the shelves, has been left just as Alf would have found it in the 1950s.
- Therapeutic feeding centres are attached to dispensaries in larger settlements.
- Malaria and tuberculosis were dealt with in the little dispensary.
- Under the patients' choice item scheme, the authority hopes to draw up a list of medicines that are available from the hospital dispensaries at current rates.
- There will be ten consultant rooms, two treatment rooms to be used by nurse practitioners and district nurses, a minor operations room, a health education room for health visitors, a counselling room and a dispensary.
- For example, a local doctor contracted to provide care to Woomera detainees noted that the dispensary at the camp did not fill at least one prescription he provided to an inmate because the drug was regarded as excessively expensive.
- Meanwhile, Oregon voters turned down the chance to revise their existing law by allowing patients to get their medicine from dispensaries regulated by the state.
- In ancient China, it was quite common for doctors to be seen in dispensaries diagnosing diseases for patients and prescribing Traditional Chinese Medicines as the treatment.
- A dispensary room featured all the tablets and medicines which were once doled out to sheep, horses, dogs and cats.
- Every district has a medical dispensary, although many lack supplies and medicine.
- Before this time, dispensaries, which provided advice and medicine to parents, existed.
- An increasing number of city and county residents have complained of the presence of dispensaries in their neighborhoods, however, and city officials are not happy with the little to no regulation, spurring the recent moratoriums.
- A nurse is assigned to the central station of each pod and provides support, triage, and technical and dispensary services for all six examination rooms.
- From obstetrics, she went to the dispensary and the emergency room.
- His activities are listed as preaching, open-air mission, medical treatment and education, together with building schools, a medical dispensary, a place of worship and a missionary house.
- People were unable to attend the dispensary, so staff from both MDM and the Palestinian Scientific Medical Association went to collect patients from their homes, while briefing the army coordination officer about their movements.
- Vaccinations undertaken either by a nurse in the dispensaries or by mobile teams, did not comply with the vaccination schedules.
- ‘There is no money in the family, because of the many times I attended dispensaries and did not get well’.
- When completed it will consist of a full primary school of 16 classrooms, a dispensary, nursery school, playgrounds, sanitation facilities, a brothers' house and staff house.
- They tried to pressure him into closing his dispensary.
- The new unit offers spacious consultation rooms designed to maximise privacy and dignity, a pharmacy dispensary, a cancer information and support centre, a comfortable waiting area and a refreshment bar staffed by volunteers.
- These types of medicines are only allowed to be sold at dispensaries with physicians' prescriptions,’ Rachmat said.
- Efforts were being made to make these books available at the ‘new reading points’ such as hospitals, dispensaries, and haircut saloons, Mr. Nagaraj said.
- Four hospitals were built at conveniently spaced distances along the road and equipped with dispensaries, operating rooms, wards, kitchens and quarters for staff.
- In the area of health care in camps even though dispensaries were provided with adequate staff yet the related infrastructural facilities equipments are conspicuous by their dearth.
- Every one knows the fact that Christian missionary institutions run their schools, colleges, dispensaries and hospitals etc very enthusiastically and successfully.
2(in store)despacho de recetas masculine
3(in school, factory)enfermería feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.