In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some distilleries still honor this tradition while others use mechanical juicers.
- Produced by more than 100 Scotch distilleries, each single malt has a style and flavor all its own.
- On July 6th they will visit the whiskey distillery in Midleton and travel onwards to Cork for a spot of shopping.
- Every distillery has a still that is unique in shape, its contours imbuing each single malt with its particular, individual taste.
- The only study known to address this issue directly was conducted with employees recruited to Scottish breweries and distilleries.
- It wasn't just the creamery, the local distillery had also closed down.
- There are seven grand malt whisky distilleries here, with an eighth, farm-scale distillery being built at Kilchoman.
- You may learn how she won a whiskey distillery in a high-stakes poker game.
- Take the time, if you're passing the distillery, to go in for the tour.
- But gin is making a comeback, and a number of distilleries are bringing this traditional spirit some new-found respect.
- Beyond the distilleries and oatcake factories, our future lies in financial services, business services and the creative industries.
- How can the Irish produce so many different and various whiskeys when Ireland has only three distilleries left?
- The Eighteenth Amendment forced all breweries and distilleries to stop making beer and spirits.
- He'd burn down his distillery before he'd stick out his foot and trip you.
- There are more whiskeys on the glass shelves than you'll find in most distilleries and the staff are charming without being smarmy.
- The Seelbach offers special bourbon packages, including room, bourbon tasting, dinner and directions to all the area distilleries.
- It invites a dozen or more distilleries to come in and take over the patio for a day.
- Until now, ‘production consolidation’ has been the watchword, especially with distilleries in Ireland and breweries in the UK.
- Breweries and distilleries were upset that their businesses were being destroyed without compensation.
- There were more than 2,000 distilleries in Ireland at one point, all busily trying to keep up with the world's thirst for Irish spirit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.