In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que distraehe found her presence very distracting — su presencia le impedía concentrarse / lo distraía
- At my last work I shared an office with four people and I didn't find them distracting at all.
- Unfortunately, that distracting arrow follows you around like a Labrador puppy.
- I found working in Great Britain very distracting.
- Edge effects are present from time to time, but they are not distracting.
- I am concerned that reading during a procedure is distracting.
- Even with the sound turned off, television is distracting.
- One could imagine that the light from the displays would be distracting to others in the audience.
- The use of shadows in particular is enchanting without being distracting.
- She prefers the silence and solitude of the field to the distracting quick pace of urban living.
- I found the guitar accompaniment was often distracting from the lyrics.
- Becoming overly upset about a single ball can be very distracting.
- The color of your clothes or the paint on your buckler can be equally distracting.
- Oddly, none of the other images are felt to be equally distracting.
- Having lots of other stuff in the background is distracting.
- The very loud conversation going on next to me is very distracting.
- There is some softness to the image that becomes a bit distracting at times.
- Second, some of the fonts encountered are more distracting than useful.
- Miss Elizabeth Bennet was far too distracting to be allowed to remain at Netherfield.
- I think the audience finds it a distracting piece of information.
- This is partly due to the fact that the proposition is not distracting.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.