In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For all the foregoing reasons, therefore, I conclude that the distraint upon the plaintiff's goods was contrary to law.
- And the same process of distraint, warning, and forfeiture is to be repeated until he comes.
- First, that the goods were not Mr Newman's and so not open to distraint.
- Because there was no valid distraint, Canada Trustco's security was not displaced.
- After the premises were abandoned, distraint was impossible.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.