In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(hand out)(food/leaflets) distribuir(food/leaflets) repartir
- In the political sphere, the possibilities for political participation should be equally distributed.
- It's just a good economic model, and it actually distributed wealth and shared in productivity better than the trickle down theory.
- But the Grid goes beyond sharing and distributing data and computing resources.
- I have learned recently that in almost all cases, food is distributed to recipients prior to their doing any work.
- Like all research labs, we needed to share disks, distribute processes, compile software and store and munge data.
- Give a subordinate unit the task to distribute newsletters or flyers and use the remaining elements to provide security-be ready to fight.
- The money will be distributed to individual schools which made bids for vital new facilities such as sports halls, fitness rooms and games pitches.
- Fifty $1,000 scholarships are to be distributed each year to individuals seeking associate degrees in medical laboratory science.
- A Camden Defend Council Housing broadsheet is being distributed to every flat.
- The program, Berklee Shares, encourages musicians to share and distribute these music lessons online.
- It should be no surprise that in the long run the shares of growth are distributed equally across all income levels.
- There was no attempt to distribute the images or share them with others, he said.
- As a subscriber to their newsletter and referrer of 3 subscribers, I got 8 shares when they distributed them.
- Therefore, employees who are let go before tips are distributed often lose their share of the allocation.
- Sharing these views is what made the Internet in the first place; a medium to quickly share and distribute information.
- As such, this publication is widely distributed to all units of Army.
- Up to £90 per person was distributed to citizens who share the great man's birthday.
- However, many UK companies distribute share options to all employees, linked to monthly savings plans.
- Usaid pays an aid organization to hire independent staffers, who then travel to the recipient country and distribute aid as they see fit.
- The three villages, though separately ruled, worked together as a unit, sharing and distributing the resources they had at their disposal.
2(share out)(dividends/profits) repartir(tasks/responsibilities) distribuirthey distributed the spoils amongst themselves — se repartieron el botín
- The goods were then distributed to major phone retailers, the ministry said.
- In addition, 36 global dual-use licences allowed restricted goods to be distributed worldwide with a single licence.
- Charlie and Lola is produced by Tiger Aspect Productions and distributed by BBC Worldwide Ltd and © BBC 1996.
- Iron is one of the most widely distributed of metals and has been used in ornamental work since prehistoric times.
- Besides these immediate clients, however, Lipchanka's goods are distributed under various brand names worldwide.
- To start, two million cards will be distributed at retailers and through street teams hitting places where kids hang out.
- Posters of the former rider will be distributed while supplies last.
- The problem is not lack of supply, because nationwide we have more than enough energy production; the problem is how that supply is being distributed.
- The series is being distributed by BBC Worldwide which could result in extensive international TV sales, merchandising and publishing spin-offs.
- The idea was to rationalize and redefine retailing by distributing goods in a cultivated manner: efficiently, honestly, and cleanly.
- There are lots of people now employed in in big warehouses to distribute goods which would formerly have been distributed through retail outlets.
- The booklets will be distributed to producers, retailers, consumers and enforcement officers.
- The Li & Fung group has focused strongly on China where its privately held IDS Group can now sell and distribute goods in bulk to mainland retailers.
- By distributing to larger news retailers such as Tesco, it can subsidise deliveries to smaller, more remote retailers, like corner shop or village newsagents.
- Hockaday also oversaw creation of Crown Media Holdings Inc., which operates and distributes the Hallmark Channel worldwide.
- An additional line, Farmer's All Natural Milk, is distributed in select retail outlets in the Front Range.
- New labels will be distributed to retailers still wanting to sell the current version.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros.
- Chemical stains and polymer toppings are now being distributed through construction supply houses.
- Cash donations also allow agencies to avoid the labor-intensive need to store, sort, pack and distribute donated goods.
4(spread out)distribuirthe weight must be evenly distributed — el peso debe estar bien distribuido
- The load is transferred through the cross-bridges, which are evenly distributed along the thick filament.
- The toes were all of equal length, allowing the body weight to be evenly distributed over them.
- Your weight should be distributed about evenly across your two feet.
- The data were plotted on a semi-logarithmic scale, so that the histogram peaks from 2C to 32C were evenly distributed along the abscissa.
- ‘The work load gets evenly distributed through all semesters,’ she says.
- Instead, the deformed shapes of these columns are more consistent with loads that were distributed over the height of the columns.
- Most of your weight should be evenly distributed along the shins from the knees to the feet.
- The system bears the maximum and evenly distributed load.
- This ensures that the laden fluid is evenly distributed around the casing and therefore enters the tuyeres from all directions.
- These people seemed to have their weight evenly distributed to all areas of their body, making them an all-around heavyweight.
- Take the zaatar and massage it into the chicken, inside and out, making sure it also is evenly distributed.
- A simple way to reduce overloading is to ensure adequate number of electric points so that load is distributed evenly through different circuits.
- This graft fixation method enabled the force to be evenly distributed within each single graft strand.
- Pressure is more evenly distributed in the remainder of the pulley system.
5(locate)distribuirhow are the figures distributed? — ¿cómo se distribuyen / están distribuidas las cifras?
- the incidence of drug addiction is not distributed evenly throughout the country — la drogadicción no tiene una distribución pareja en el país
- The Yellow Wagtail is widely distributed throughout the Old World and has colonized Alaska in the New World.
- Tuco-tucos belong to the family Octodontidae and are distributed throughout the southern cone of South America with more than 56 described species.
- The genus Cypripedium comprises 49 species, which are widely distributed throughout Northern America, Eastern Asia and Europe.
- Muntjac deer (Muntiacinae, Cervidae) are distributed throughout Southeast Asia, South China, and India.
- The fat was distributed delicately yet densely throughout the meat, looking almost like snow.
- A further 30 species were primarily confined to freshwater riparian areas distributed throughout the park.
- Rickettsial diseases are vector-borne illnesses usually carried by ticks, lice, fleas, or mites, and are widely distributed throughout the world.
- By the Late Cretaceous, species of Hoploparia were distributed throughout temperate and subarctic regions of both hemispheres.
- A climbing fern Lygodium japonicum is classified into the Filicales and is distributed throughout the warm temperate areas in Japan.
- Quinolones are widely distributed throughout the body.
- The yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae has an abundance of microsatellites that are distributed throughout its 16 chromosomes.
- Cytosolic GS was found to be distributed throughout the root with apparent homogeneity within the epidermis, exodermis, cortex, and central cylinder.
- Microsatellite loci appear to be distributed throughout vertebrate genomes and can demonstrate high levels of intraspecific allelic polymorphism.
1they distribute for us in Japan — son distribuidores nuestros en el Japón
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.