In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Business distribuidor masculineCinema distribuidora feminine
- Only last month, Ferrari announced it was seeking an official distributor in the country.
- I'd imagine there would be implications from such a move for other distributors in the country.
- So what does this contradictory evidence mean to the promotional products distributor?
- We were the largest independent beverage distributor in western Canada.
- I'm negotiating to become the sole distributor of it in British Columbia.
- Aurora Corp is also major distributor of telecommunications products.
- But there won't be any support from big North American distributor for these AMD chips.
- Movies that can't find a distributor have a very difficult time getting seen.
- The beer distributor has set up a keg of beer in the square.
- A low-profile company, Connect is the biggest independent distributor of electronic components in Europe.
- Can a brand such as Northwest Airlines or Holiday Inn survive without a major third-party distributor?
- Wholesale wine distributors fought the law change because they stand to lose the most.
- But there is a reason that this film hasn't been able to find a U.S. distributor.
- You are now ready to proceed as an independent herbalife distributor.
- The company will appoint its distributors among the kerosene oil depot, at three per cent commission.
- The workshops will review market research techniques and the role of agents and distributors.
- Then he had to find a way to get it into his distributor's warehouse.
- Five years ago, General was the best book distributor in the country.
- When you become an herbalife distributor, your appearance becomes part of your sales pitch.
- The underlying value of sampling is that distributors sell what they are most comfortable selling.
2Motor Vehicles Electricitydistribuidor (del encendido) masculinedelco masculine Spain trademark
- Power generators and distributors are the havens of choice in uncertain times.
- Many motorists cannot tell a drive belt from a distributor.
- This engine has a unique system: a pick-up coil in the distributor triggers the spark.
- The assembly is commonly mounted in the distributor or on the end of the crank or camshaft.
- The only cure was to get soaking wet while trying to dry out the distributor that generated the electricity that made the car go.
- Plates also covered the fuel pump opening and that of the distributor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.