In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(region)zona feminineregión feminine
- In Galway, we identified rural and family owned pubs by selecting electoral districts with populations of less than 1500.
- Citing national statistics, the governor said three districts in the province are a major concern.
- A more detailed report on the waterside scheme will be considered by both the district and county councils in the summer.
- Their members will never be bogged down in committee meetings in some district council.
- Nevertheless Muhammad's own prestige and reputation as a preacher extended to neighbouring districts.
- Application forms for travel concessions are available from district council offices or by telephone from 770380.
- He wants district and county councils to take over a lot of Defra budgets.
- Rural school districts have relied more on federal and state aid over the past 3 years than their urban counterparts.
- It is a similar scheme to the one in place for district and county councillors.
- The district auditor has made the point that he is independent of the council.
- But a few days later, another district court judge issued a contradictory ruling.
- From 1946 to 1947 he was deputy assistant district attorney in New York City.
- The district and county councils say it is not their responsibility.
- According to the inscription, he had created ‘One of the most productive and best cultivated districts in the County of York’.
- Eliminating the stalking from my life required an attorney and an assistant district attorney.
- We believe that other district health boards will have a similar set of figures.
- There are 16 places up for grabs on the youth forum, two for each of the county's districts and boroughs.
- Let us look at that district health board sector, of which a large part is hospital-based.
- Congressional districts are redrawn through a bill approved in the Legislature.
- The campaigning couple are also angry that no town, district or county councillors have come to visit the site.
- Some 12 per cent of district nurses are aged over 55 and eligible to retire.
- Arrangements have to be made for the movement of home helps and district nurses.
- We elect a district council to look after the local population's interests.
- Negotiations between Wiltshire County Council and the districts are continuing.
- We are the size of Melbourne, yet we have 21 district health boards.
- The rate structures set by irrigation districts fail to provide the stick for water conservation.
- Voters go to the polls on May 1 when a third of the district's councillors are up for re-election.
- The meeting took place because district councillors wanted to discuss concerns with highway representatives.
- The project authorities with the support of the district administration have removed the debris.
- Firstly, all these villages have a Conservative district councillor and county councillor.
- District council chiefs have outlined their commitment to affordable housing in Salisbury with an action plan.
- Each of the district's councillors has about 12,000 constituents to whom we are answerable.
- Today's urban school districts have more than enough money in their budgets to do their jobs well.
- Half-hearted efforts at compliance among urban school districts have kept the exodus to just a trickle.
- Roy Smith, Tendring district and Essex county councillor, has taken up the residents' complaints.
- The majority of residents also felt a stronger sense of belonging to the county than to their district.
- The report can also be viewed at County Hall and at district and borough council offices.
- Organizers demanded 64 new seats in parliament for women, one to represent each district of the country.
- All district chiefs and sub-district administration managers attended the meeting at Pattaya City Hall.
- People will also be asked whether they want one or more all-purpose councils to replace the county and districts.
1.2(locality)barrio masculinered-light district — zona de tolerancia feminine Latin America
- the Federal District — el distrito federal
- I typically wandered around working class districts of big ugly cities in poorer nations during their seasons of inclement weather.
- In Edinburgh, the city's traditional red-light district was regenerated and the scheme moved elsewhere.
- They like to shop for all but daily necessities at prestigious department stores in downtown shopping districts.
- Cities with gleaming business districts and luxury developments for the rich are surrounded by shanty towns and slums.
- Our next stop was the Browns Race and High Falls Area: one of the city's newest entertainment districts.
- But since we were up on a mountain we could not visit the red light district of town.
- About 150 demonstrators protested in the city's downtown waterfront district.
- Extraordinarily fine acanthite specimens have been found in several of Mexico's major silver mining districts.
- Close your eyes and it almost sounds like the meatpacking district.
- We showed up a bit before then and walked around the meatpacking district.
- Several American cities have closed popular shopping districts to traffic and opened the entire street to pedestrians.
- Smithsonite is relatively common in Arizona mining districts, but good specimens appear to be rare.
- It is close to the Phoenix Park and the Four Courts and is also within walking distance of the main shopping and business districts.
- The retail boom is also transforming the oldest shopping districts in the city.
- We then walked down to Fourteenth Street, the center of the city's red light district.
- The Neihu district is developing into a shopping district for suburban Taipei, Wei said.
- There's a new store looking for space in the gold-plated Rodeo Drive shopping district.
- The survey covers 86 business districts in 40 countries worldwide.
- There is a new landmark in Ginza, one of the leading shopping and business districts of Tokyo.
- She took a shine to Chicago's sprawling skyline and downtown shopping district.
(of state, city)distrito masculinecongressional district — circunscripción electoral feminine
1dividir en distritos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.