In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)fiscal del distrito masculine
- The district attorney in neighboring Nassau County decided not to impanel a grand jury.
- He was elected San Francisco district attorney and then state attorney general.
- Ultimately none of the men did time, and the district attorney responsible for the scandal was swept from office.
- I now turn this case over to the district attorney, who has the responsibility of prosecuting the case.
- The grand jury doesn't have to listen to the district attorney at all.
- The Bronx district attorney said that such prosecutions were a mistake.
- Only if a manufacturer refused to comply could the bureau turn the case over to a district attorney for prosecution.
- Thanks to your efforts, the district attorney has subpoenaed letters from everyone.
- I inform the licensing board and the district attorney, and they do their job.
- The report examines the corruption of some of the union officials who have not been prosecuted by the district attorney's office.
- The district attorney has my complete faith and our judicial process is going to have to do better this time.
- Is there no legitimate room for creativity in the district attorney's office?
- We hope to hear from the district attorney and the defense attorney in a moment.
- The district attorney is prohibited from commenting on the ongoing grand jury investigation.
- Instead, all charges were dropped when the district attorney decided that no jury would convict them.
- Biely resigned from the district attorney's office and officially withdrew as a candidate, but could not get his name off the ballot.
- But it certainly does make it more difficult for the district attorney to prosecute those cases.
- The welfare office turned the information over to the Riverside district attorney.
- There's been arrests, but the district attorney has not made a decision whether to file the case or not.
- So the things that a local district attorney has to prosecute now are expanded and much more sophisticated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.