In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1Psychology(person/mind) trastornadoa severely disturbed child — un niño con graves trastornos / problemas emocionales
- she is mentally/emotionally disturbed — tiene problemas mentales/emocionales
- ‘I could not fully concentrate on the game due to my disturbed mental status,’ he said.
- An information blackout imposed on the Government's actions was indicative of a disturbed conscience.
- Some severely disturbed firesetters engage in self-harm.
- Irrational or disturbed emotional reactions, however, are often maladaptive.
- I had believed that it was Robbie that had caused her disturbed behavior only just yesterday.
- There will always be need for secure accommodation for the most disturbed and disruptive young people.
- She was known for her ability to teach blind and mentally challenged or emotionally disturbed children, and juvenile delinquents.
- The chaotic design of the robe suggests Bruno's disturbed mental state and the anarchy he will impose upon Guy's life.
- Added to the system were special classes and treatment opportunities for the emotionally disturbed.
- A private company has been handed the task of taking Scotland's most disruptive and disturbed state school pupils and educating them away from home.
- This aspect of body image is often neglected in the research, but has important implications for therapy with clients with disturbed body image.
- ‘I am deeply disturbed and so very sorry for my actions,’ he said.
- Reports submitted by two psychologists told of bouts of depression and a history of disturbed behaviour.
- The inquiry established that there is an appalling level of disturbed mental health among the children.
- This time it's child protection workers reporting children suffering suicidal thoughts, depression and disturbed behaviour.
- A disturbed mental state will often result in an unhappy and ineffective athlete which alone usually indicates overtraining.
- If they were asking the important question of what can cause disturbed behaviour in children they should have explored the issues more fully.
- He made a grunting sound, shaking his head for a moment like a disturbed mental patient.
- Langen said his father's mental state became so disturbed that he was even homeless for a time.
- Internal reliability of the CDI has been demonstrated with both normal and emotionally disturbed children.
1.2(perturbed)I was greatly disturbed to hear of his misfortune — la noticia de su desgracia me impresionó / afectó muchísimo
2(restless)(sleep) agitado(sleep) inquietoI had a disturbed night — dormí muy mal
- Regular patterns of disturbed soil as well as the minefield markers and fences may all give an indication of recent activity.
- Sleep may be another intervention domain to target, especially since disturbed sleep can negatively impact distress levels.
- Obstruction to breathing causes snoring and disturbed sleep patterns.
- Parents indicated that disturbed sleep and episodes of distress were more relevant outcomes.
- They also showed that after he drank alcohol his sleep pattern was disturbed.
- It is rare, however, for this condition to cause dizziness alone and there are usually other symptoms of disturbed brain function.
- Loss of sex-drive and disturbed eating patterns - either loss of appetite or eating too much - are also common.
- My son is having disturbed sleep because he says a man is in his room.
- Besides insomnia and disturbed sleep, snoring is a common phenomenon.
- Her angel shook in his sleep, suddenly disturbed.
- Other symptoms that are common include sensitivity to light, noise and smell; disturbed sleep patterns and persistent headaches.
- So, delirious, I drifted in and out of a very disturbed sleep and woke this morning at 9: 00-still with that immense headache.
- If the second tablet is taken too close to bedtime, it may cause disturbed sleep.
- He complained of disturbed sleep and difficulty in swallowing which had coincided with the injury he sustained at work the previous week.
- They cited some science that you and I already know, confirming the reality of the coffee withdrawal headache and disturbed sleep.
- The daytime hypersomnolence is related to their disturbed sleep.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.