In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Please allow me a small space in your newspaper to tell it like it is concerning the so called disunity within the Swapo party.
- It has created disunity and division between people.
- Rather, they may create a new point of disunity and dissent among Muslims.
- Not only is there a civil-military split, there is disunity within the military as well.
- Hence the inevitable result of nationalist unity movements was increased disunity and conflict.
- We blame others for creating disunity among the Muslims without ourselves knowing the basics of moon-sighting.
- Then - through cowardice, lack of principle, and disunity - they blew it.
- It has been the outbreak of disunity and many clashes.
- To attempt to find a vision and to struggle within so much disunity is very sad.
- The media get bored and start to look for stories of division and disunity.
- But it's so easy to explain a conflict or to bring about disunity and to create problems by using the racial tag, by waving the racial flag.
- This is why there is such disunity among many Christians.
- This did little to endanger his position, as he continued to profit from the ongoing fragmentation and disunity of his opposition.
- Let's ask whether we have caused disunity in any way within our families or among the whole family of God.
- With the right wing of the government showing definite signs of weakness and disunity, the next confrontation is already in the cards.
- There were a few moments of rhythmic disunity, in the third movement of Du wahrer Gott, for example, all of which were quickly righted.
- The consequences of this disunity among Christians were horrible.
- In its wake indiscipline raises its ugly head and disunity among the players in the team.
- Europe cannot live in freedom as long as there is disunity and conflict in its neighbourhood, the German chancellor insisted.
- He remains mystified as to why Fifa would risk disunity by producing such a controversial document.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.