In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But as it's turned out, divers have become the Grey Nurses' greatest friends.
- Nonetheless, as we trekked Croton Point Park on Sunday, some divers in the Hudson River caught our eye.
- Several species of grebes and divers feed in the shallows offshore.
- They fear that the turbines could kill rare birds such as golden eagles, black-throated divers and species of wader.
- There are diverse divers, ducks, waders and birds of prey.
- I was expecting to see puffins, exciting divers and a variety of waders.
- The latter finds favour with ducks, divers and Canada geese some of which cruised the river.
1.1(competitor)saltador masculinesaltadora feminineclavadista
- Drift dives are almost always done from a boat, which drops divers in the water at the entry point.
- Available only to certified open-water scuba divers, instructional and safety lessons are provided prior to your dive.
- Certification is the first trial every diver must face.
- Many technical divers do their dive in advance without leaving the sofa.
- The novice wreck diver will not be spooked, as no torch is required inside much of this wreckage.
- The reef face is pockmarked by some fairly deep caves where only qualified cave divers should venture.
- As you swim through, your image is reflected from the ceiling, where previous divers ' bubbles have collected.
- Jan was bemused that few of the divers on our boat talked about what they had seen on the dive.
- Most of them are experienced divers looking for clear water and shipwrecks to explore.
- Something makes it possible for the pool and diver to exist, and makes a perfect dive possible.
- There is something for everyone, from newly qualified divers through to experienced wreck explorers.
- Fortunately, serious medical problems are not common in recreational scuba divers.
- At this time, the stationary diver swims to buddy and signals need for gas.
- Properly equipped certified cave divers may obtain the key from the nearby dive shop.
- Each time, the divers dove from higher cliffs until they reached the very top.
- A diver visiting from Madrid tells me that in these conditions, Montoya is even better.
- A coach who trained Olympic divers has died suddenly less then a week before his 70th birthday.
- Their coloration and daily spawning make them a favorite among divers visiting the Caribbean.
- On overseas trips I meet many British divers who don't dive at home.
- An experienced deep-sea diver from Greater Manchester drowned after running out of air, an inquest was told.
1.2(casual swimmer)the divers kept splashing us — continuamente nos salpicaban los que se tiraban al agua
1.3(deep-sea)masculine submarinistamasculine buzohombre-rana masculinemujer-rana feminine
- They need to bring in an extra crane to help clear some of that debris before they want to put more divers down in the water.
- Members of the fire service's water rescue team also joined the search before police underwater divers turned out at 10.30 pm.
- This week, police divers joined the operation, swimming through the river's cold, dark waters searching for clues.
- They've sent divers out into the water, but so far, with all that muck and debris in there, they've only been able to see about five feet down.
- Rescue workers struggled for hours to free victims and police divers searched downstream for survivors and bodies.
- Her passport, mobile telephone, trainers and handbag were found by police divers in Barmston Drain.
- Rescue divers jumped into the 2,000-gallon saltwater tank on Monday night and hauled him up.
- Police divers have been searching lakes and ponds for clues to the disappearance of a missing dad.
- Police divers have taken their first look at the wreck, with Sergeant Glenn McPhee saying it's a high probability it is the Princess.
- Police divers found a 9mm self-loading pistol at the bottom of a river in Co Limerick in December.
- For safety reasons, professional divers were employed for the job.
- Navy clearance divers, now members of TAG / East come ashore at Garden Island during anti-terrorist exercises.
- It was possible that the U.S. had their own divers out in the water on counter-insurgence missions.
- And a rescue diver in the Coast Guard helicopter offered to take Jefferson, but he declined.
- The skipper treads water as a Navy diver waits for a line to be thrown from the Oryx helicopter.
- Again a number of devices were found, divers descended attaching lines and bringing the mines aboard.
- Police divers and forensic officers were at the canal yesterday as the Force helicopter made several sweeps of the area.
- The ship's clearance divers recently destroyed three piles of Japanese shells using red detonating cord.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.