In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(competitor)saltador masculinesaltadora feminineclavadista feminine
- Available only to certified open-water scuba divers, instructional and safety lessons are provided prior to your dive.
- On overseas trips I meet many British divers who don't dive at home.
- Jan was bemused that few of the divers on our boat talked about what they had seen on the dive.
- An experienced deep-sea diver from Greater Manchester drowned after running out of air, an inquest was told.
- The novice wreck diver will not be spooked, as no torch is required inside much of this wreckage.
- As you swim through, your image is reflected from the ceiling, where previous divers ' bubbles have collected.
- Many technical divers do their dive in advance without leaving the sofa.
- Properly equipped certified cave divers may obtain the key from the nearby dive shop.
- Drift dives are almost always done from a boat, which drops divers in the water at the entry point.
- Their coloration and daily spawning make them a favorite among divers visiting the Caribbean.
- At this time, the stationary diver swims to buddy and signals need for gas.
- Each time, the divers dove from higher cliffs until they reached the very top.
- The reef face is pockmarked by some fairly deep caves where only qualified cave divers should venture.
- There is something for everyone, from newly qualified divers through to experienced wreck explorers.
- A diver visiting from Madrid tells me that in these conditions, Montoya is even better.
- Something makes it possible for the pool and diver to exist, and makes a perfect dive possible.
- Fortunately, serious medical problems are not common in recreational scuba divers.
- A coach who trained Olympic divers has died suddenly less then a week before his 70th birthday.
- Most of them are experienced divers looking for clear water and shipwrecks to explore.
- Certification is the first trial every diver must face.
1.2(casual swimmer)the divers kept splashing us — continuamente nos salpicaban los que se tiraban al agua
(deep-sea)submarinista masculinebuzo femininehombre-rana masculinemujer-rana feminine
- Her passport, mobile telephone, trainers and handbag were found by police divers in Barmston Drain.
- It was possible that the U.S. had their own divers out in the water on counter-insurgence missions.
- Police divers found a 9mm self-loading pistol at the bottom of a river in Co Limerick in December.
- Police divers and forensic officers were at the canal yesterday as the Force helicopter made several sweeps of the area.
- Rescue workers struggled for hours to free victims and police divers searched downstream for survivors and bodies.
- This week, police divers joined the operation, swimming through the river's cold, dark waters searching for clues.
- Members of the fire service's water rescue team also joined the search before police underwater divers turned out at 10.30 pm.
- For safety reasons, professional divers were employed for the job.
- Again a number of devices were found, divers descended attaching lines and bringing the mines aboard.
- Navy clearance divers, now members of TAG / East come ashore at Garden Island during anti-terrorist exercises.
- Rescue divers jumped into the 2,000-gallon saltwater tank on Monday night and hauled him up.
- The skipper treads water as a Navy diver waits for a line to be thrown from the Oryx helicopter.
- Police divers have been searching lakes and ponds for clues to the disappearance of a missing dad.
- They need to bring in an extra crane to help clear some of that debris before they want to put more divers down in the water.
- And a rescue diver in the Coast Guard helicopter offered to take Jefferson, but he declined.
- Police divers have taken their first look at the wreck, with Sergeant Glenn McPhee saying it's a high probability it is the Princess.
- They've sent divers out into the water, but so far, with all that muck and debris in there, they've only been able to see about five feet down.
- The ship's clearance divers recently destroyed three piles of Japanese shells using red detonating cord.
- Nonetheless, as we trekked Croton Point Park on Sunday, some divers in the Hudson River caught our eye.
- I was expecting to see puffins, exciting divers and a variety of waders.
- They fear that the turbines could kill rare birds such as golden eagles, black-throated divers and species of wader.
- There are diverse divers, ducks, waders and birds of prey.
- Several species of grebes and divers feed in the shallows offshore.
- The latter finds favour with ducks, divers and Canada geese some of which cruised the river.
- But as it's turned out, divers have become the Grey Nurses' greatest friends.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.