In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Indications for colectomy include colon polyps, diverticulitis, and IBD.
- Fortunately, most people with diverticulosis never develop diverticulitis.
- Possible causes include inflammatory bowel disease or an infection in the colon known as diverticulitis.
- A common complication of diverticulitis is peritonitis.
- Food sensitive colitis should be considered in infants and ischaemic colitis, diverticulitis, and colonic tumours in adults.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.